Pictures of lifting roof seals? Anyone have them?

Ramdough

Adventurer
Can someone post some pictures of lifting roof seals? Schematics would also be helpful?

I am only interested in hard sided lift roofs and wedge style lifting roofs.

I am interested in how they actually work and how well they keep wind and dust out.

Thanks

2d266e1c14acd5f3bc1d43beb730a80c.jpg
3b009d85c4810744bdc699463dc81f84.jpg
1745a8282712812835325306936c267d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

javajoe79

Fabricator
Definitely interested as well. My camper will need something but I've never seen something up close to know how it's been done.

I understand that Alaskan campers use pirelli webbing

ScottReb

Adventurer
Try googling enviromental brushes. They seem to be the best seal for the sliding surfaces. I had an Alaskan and they werent great sealing. In theory the brushes should work better.

lost1

uplifting and cheap too

I built a rising roof camper similiar to the MAN truck image. In my case I needed to have two seals.
One would be the scrubber which seals between the moving roof part and exterior wall. This ensures that there is no heat loss or bugs getting in.
The second seal is when the camper locks down to ensure a nice tight dust seal when travelling. This seal is on the top edge of the interior wall

What I did was i attached a fire hose (that has high density foam inside "camping mattress foam") on the top edge of my interior wall. The hose lays flat along the complete perimeter of the interior wall. It overhangs the exterior edge by an inch (or whatever the clearance between the moving roof and exterior wall) and makes a flexible seal that scrubs the moving wall as it moves up and down. The seal has some insulating qualities with no air gaps and bugs haven't found a way to get past.

I would still like to install some kind of brush seal to the bottom part of the moving roof. Somehow when I got well and stuck in the muck I managed to get mud sprayed up in that space between the inner side of the moving roof and the exterior wall. Not so nice when you open the roof and see mosaic muck patterns smeared by the scrubber seal (say that 5 times quickly):Wow1:

freedrive

Any more info on this topic? I'd love to see some details on how folks do this, and how well it works at keeping out dust, water, bugs, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles