Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Frontier Pro4x build

Default 2010 Frontier Pro4x build

My turn to contribute although I don't think i'm doing anything unique or innovative. I found this manual trans pro4x with only 37k about 2 hours from me. The interior was in perfect condition probably due to the weathertech floor mats and cover king seat covers. One owner, no accidents and all the service records. I jumped on it and made an offer on the spot. Here is how she looked the day we first met.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bought a used flip pac and had my buddy color match it for me.

Next I installed a dual battery set up. I went with 2 odessy PC1400s and the national luna battery controller. It's a tight fit. The power steering and rad overflow had to be relocated and the hood interior had to be cut.

Battery controller fit nicely under the ignition. Can check rad fluid level and add fluid through the grill.

Installed a Fiamma F35 awning. Since I have a king cab I was able to mount the legs to the truck without blocking the door.

The king cab is enough room for my wife and I but I wanted to improve the storage. The driver side jump seat was removed and installed on the passenger side to get rid of the car seat legs. I then mounted a first aid kit and fire ext in the recess where the seat had been.

I installed hep molle mounting plates on the door panels and rear windows. The driver side seat belt was removed with the exception of the floor buckle which is used as a dog harness attachment.

I liked the cover king seat covers that were on the truck when I bought it but they had faded so that the gray looked blue. The covers were so good otherwise that I just ordered another set. Hopefully now that I've tinted the front windows the replacements won't fade. If anyone needs a set and doesn't mind a gray-blue and black color pm me. They are perfect otherwise.

Next will be an old man emu full suspension and some cooper discoverer 255s. The tires are here and the suspension is supposed to ship any day now. Also shipping any day now is a set of truck vault drawers. Once the truck vault is in I will finish the wiring and call it done for a while and just enjoy it for the season.

I also bought this Aluma ATV trailer. I had to pul it home with my old dodge since I was in the midst of the dual battery instal when I found it for sale. I have a wheel chock and two sets of kayak mounts on order for it. The plan is to tow my Ural Gear Up and two Hobie mirage kayaks. After the season I'll likely put a set of axleless hubs and maybe notch the deck for larger wheels and tires with brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc187 View Post
    My turn to contribute although I don't think i'm doing anything unique or innovative.
    You are doing it extremely nice and well thought out, very cool build Doc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
    ready for an expodition
    2005 Nismo Frontier 4x4 CC
    KG5VFD

Wow great set up. Love the flippac.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee: SOLD
    The Build: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...expedition%27s

2016 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4:
    Rear axle breather, and more to come!!
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...venture-thread!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast