Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Frontier Pro4x build

Great truck! Where did you get the antenna hood mount from?
    2016 Nissan Frontier pro4x cc/sb

It's for a Chevy Silverado. I had to add a couple of bends to it and use a metal riser but it came out good.

Made it out to Colorado with the truck and had a great time. I've since picked up some leveling blocks so I don't have to use rocks next time. I also hauled the ural to scout some hunting property. I love this little trailer and have some big modification plans for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc187; 12-31-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Rear bumper done. Also added a nice dog box. I had no notch the rear window frame to make room for the dog box door to swing out. While I was at it I added a heated floor mat that runs off of the power inverter. Not in the pics but I shortened the stock antenna so that it no longer hits the flip pac when deployed. No change in my radio reception that I can tell. The HAM radio antenna is offset enough that it doesn't hit the flip pac so it can stay long. I'm really happy with this set up. The utility of this truck is so nice, don't know how I lived without it.

I plan on putting a propane tank under the bed where the spare was to heat the shower and run a mr buddy space heater. Only thing I'd still like to do after that is instal an air compressor under the hood. I thought about a front winch bumper but I'm not much of a rock crawler and will probably save the weight and expense. That's what the dirt bikes are for anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc187; 12-31-2017 at 10:19 PM.

I was thinking of replacing the console between the front seats with a dometic CDF11 portable fridge/freezer. It will fit but I would have to relocate the parking brake and I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. Anyone move a parking brake before? If so how hard was it?

truck looks great, doc. Couple of questions... which OME kit did you go with, and do you have any rubbing with the 255 ST/MAXX?

Also, who made the rear bumper?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc187 View Post
    I was thinking of replacing the console between the front seats with a dometic CDF11 portable fridge/freezer. It will fit but I would have to relocate the parking brake and I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. Anyone move a parking brake before? If so how hard was it?
    Replaced mine with a Pathfinder foot e brake.
    BUT mine is a 2007 and all I had to do was order pathfinder parts and it bolted right in. Took less than an hour. Donít know if the same would apply to a 2010

I have the light duty springs up front and the heavy duty in the rear. No rubbing at all. Bumper is from WAM but modified.

Bob, thanks for the tip about the foot brake I'll look into it. Not sure I want to go that route though because I use it sometimes since I have a manual. I would prefer to just shift it over or forward. The problem is the mechanism is really large. I think so that they can put the handel on either side for left side driver seat overseas.

Just wanted to say I love your build! Very quality build. Glad to see another Illinois person!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven75 View Post
    Just wanted to say I love your build! Very quality build. Glad to see another Illinois person!
    Thanks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast