Mrgalantguys 1998 Montero Winter package aka "Groot" Build & Adventure thread.

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
I decided to try out some LED bulbs instead of HID's mainly because I don't like the wiring clutter HID kits have and I have read pretty positive reviews on the newer LED kits out now. I decided to try out these LED bulb kit from Amazon that has 4.5 star reviews and literally is plug and play. No ballast to worry about and non of the wires for the bulbs and ballast....just the LED bulbs, it makes for a very clean look and simple install. These are 6000k LED output bulbs and they do give off a "cleaner" light beam if that makes any sense compared to HID's.

Groot by grimgs, on Flickr

The only modification that I needed to do is to cut the dust boot wide enough so the LED bulb back where the fan is and the wire/plug can come out.

I also upgraded the foglight bulbs to LED yellow bulbs and they are brighter than the standard halogen bulbs.

Once I get some good night pics I will post them up so some of you can see the light output.

WyoTero

Where did you find the wing? That's such a great setup. Quick question, with those wheels sticking out do you have trouble flicking up rocks?

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
Where did you find the wing? That's such a great setup. Quick question, with those wheels sticking out do you have trouble flicking up rocks?

Through a family member overseas...trying to get a few more to sell.

So far no issues, haven't really gone off trail yet. I am looking to maybe get some mud flaps (rally armor, etc). My build is a light/medium overland build...don't plan on doing rock crawling or anything. My build is mostly to do camping trips and outdoor activities with my kids and family.

WyoTero

Yeah I'd be interested if you could get a few more. Also, i live on a gravel road, and I have to go really slow lest my tires flick up rocks and scratch my paint. Haven't been able to find any fender extensions at this point.

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
Here is a pic I took last night...hopefully it will suffice for now. I have to find a road with no lights to get a better idea of the light output.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
Awesome mod on the LED headlights!

One of the most annoying things while driving nowadays are the insanely bright headlamps that cars have. I don't ever remember being blinded by people's headlights 10 years ago but now it's a daily occurrence. Do you find these to be too bright for the road? Other people flashing you?

I don't want to become what I hate haha.

Swank Force One

Adventurer
It's not a bright thing, it's a beam/cutoff thing.

I get flashed more in my Monty with it's oem halogens than i do in my Miata with 55w HIDs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier