LR3 OEM Rack and Thule T bolts

roverpat

Observer
Hmm. Never thought about looking at that avenue. How much do you plan to carry on the OE rack?

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
I don't typically put a heavy load on the roof. Max trax usually, maybe a storage bin or two with tents, sleeping bags, etc, firewood, folding chairs, surfboards, kayaks, etc. but not all of those things at once. I will use them also with the Frontrunner tiedown rings.

I think I will buy a few and see how they work. At worst, they should work with a little trimming and customisation.

VT-1000_300.jpg

These fit in the T slot but there is not much tension to keep them from sliding so they are not a stand alone solution.

jerdog53

Explorer
I don't typically put a heavy load on the roof. Max trax usually, maybe a storage bin or two with tents, sleeping bags, etc, firewood, folding chairs, surfboards, kayaks, etc. but not all of those things at once. I will use them also with the Frontrunner tiedown rings.

I think I will buy a few and see how they work. At worst, they should work with a little trimming and customisation.

View attachment 398417

These fit in the T slot but there is not much tension to keep them from sliding so they are not a stand alone solution.

Those will not lock into place on the OEM rack, they are designed to work on aircraft style seat tracks like these.
1211-8l-01%2Bcargo-hold-buyers-guide%2Bmacs-versatie-tracks.jpg

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
Jerdog,I use the spring loaded tie downs with the seat track mounted on my drawer system inside the cargo bay. Out of curiosity I slid one into the roof rack rail. Like you said, it will not latch. It will hold a tension load, but not a shear load.
Thanks to DiscoNels, I think the thule T bolts may allow me to squander my money on rack accessories from Thule and better still, Frontrunner!

Those will not lock into place on the OEM rack, they are designed to work on aircraft style seat tracks like these.
1211-8l-01%2Bcargo-hold-buyers-guide%2Bmacs-versatie-tracks.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior