Who's going to Overland Expo West?

Buckstopper

Adventurer
Just curious who's heading to Flagstaff? We will be there. Any other FUSOs? It looks like the weather is much improved over the mud fest 2 years ago...I'm still picking Mormon Lake mud out of my chassis from that adventure. It looks like the venue is a vast improvement.

Buckstopper

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Emily and I will be there, teaching a couple of classes, etc. We are in Santa Fe, had to retreat from the mountains and snow - had to spend last night in the post office parking lot of a spot on the map.

laz 1

Observer
I will be there in my Do It Yourself built AWD 1999 Safari MICRO Motorhome. Looking at all the exotic EXPENSIVE machinery and wishing my budget was as big as my dreams of glory.

My background is mostly motorcycle "Adventure Touring" and 2WD/4WD/AWD vans, but I am interested in any and all OVERLAND rigs, from pedal bikes to expedition oriented land yachts.

I will be parking overnights a few miles away at a Horizon's Unlimited affiliated AirBNB. The HU people are mostly motorcycyle types, but they are lively bunch of individualists. And they have their own bar and hot tub.
Roughing it in style ...
(;-{)

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
We'll be there, but camping in the general area, not in the fairgrounds. We'll drive in daily. Probably arriving Thursday.

Questor

Huge member
I'll be heading down from L.A. on a motorcycle.
I don't have a FUSO, but I WANT one. :drool:

Q~

Czechsix

I'll be heading down from L.A. on a motorcycle.
I don't have a FUSO, but I WANT one. :drool:

Q~

We'll be heading out Thursday morning either on the 40 or the 10, wave as you pass us. We'll be in the slow lane, lol. Will also be accompanied by a built Landcruiser wagon, maybe some others. Might be a nice little convoy.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
We are at El Malpais for 2 nights then headed to Flagstaff tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Czechsix

Turns out not going to make it this year.

Had continuous DPF/DEF failures during the test drives, and no reason for that I can see. Also threw some nice EngSys and DPF failure codes, which I'm currently too disgusted to go check out.

Another year gone. FUSO, you're a disappointment to me.

I think the rig is parked until the promised recall of the DPF and other parts happens towards the end of the year. :(:mad:

Have fun out there, take lots of pics and video, I look forward to seeing it all. I wish I could have made it, really wanted to take a look and compare suspensions.

Bah. I'm going to go work on the Haflinger.

Buckstopper

Adventurer
We are going to be late arriving. We lost 5th gear in Tonopah NV and had to be towed in to Las Vegas (gota love AAA!). Turns out they had to air freight a replacement tranny. The last part is expected to arrive at 10:00 AM tomorrow then we will drive from LV to Flagstaff. Probably arrive in time for happy hour! If any fellow Fuso drivers could save us a camping space it would be appreciated!

Buckstopper

dlh62c

Explorer
Turns out not going to make it this year.

Had continuous DPF/DEF failures during the test drives, and no reason for that I can see. Also threw some nice EngSys and DPF failure codes, which I'm currently too disgusted to go check out.

Have you tried parking the truck and performing a manual DPF regeneration cycle using the regeneration switch on the dash?

Does the regeneration cycle complete and the faults clear?

There was a Swiss couple's request for help on Facebook regarding their Land Rover Defender stranding them in Mexico City with DPF issues. When removed, it was found to be filled with ash. When asked what oil he'd been using, his response was "Good quality, top, top." He didn't know if the oil met low ash specification CJ-4 or not.

If you purchased the truck used, there's no telling what oil or fuel additives have been used during the course of its life.

Last edited:

unkamonkey

Explorer
I have a twisted sense of humor but upon reading all of the problems the new trucks are having, I'm going to go out and give my old Mitsu a big hug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne