Who's going to Overland Expo West?

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Have you tried parking the truck and performing a manual DPF regeneration cycle using the regeneration switch on the dash?

Does the regeneration cycle complete and the faults clear?

There was a Swiss couple's request for help on Facebook regarding their Land Rover Defender stranding them in Mexico City with DPF issues. When removed, it was found to be filled with ash. When asked what oil he'd been using, his response was "Good quality, top, top." He didn't know if the oil met low ash specification CJ-4 or not.

If you purchased the truck used, there's no telling what oil or fuel additives have been used during the course of its life.

I purchased the truck when it was about a year and a half old, it had all the services up to date via authorized service centers, I don't think that's the issue. It's always gotten CJ-4 rated oil, and now the upgraded 5w-30.

Regen cycle was done both driving, and I also did a regen with the diagnostic system, does the same thing as the switch on the dash, but you get to see some numbers too. As an aside, another way that I've seen, and been told by, mechanics from FUSO is to park it, and floor it until the cycle is done. I haven't done that, but it seems to be common.

It's had harness issues in the past that locked it up for a couple of weeks, and harness issues are again a possibility. Along with potential sensor issues, heat issues, etc. Eventually I'll get back into it, hook up the diagnostics and take another look to see if I can diagnose it.

I'm crossing my fingers that the recall parts will solve the issues, but only time will tell.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
We are going to be late arriving. We lost 5th gear in Tonopah NV and had to be towed in to Las Vegas (gota love AAA!). Turns out they had to air freight a replacement tranny. The last part is expected to arrive at 10:00 AM tomorrow then we will drive from LV to Flagstaff. Probably arrive in time for happy hour! If any fellow Fuso drivers could save us a camping space it would be appreciated!

Buckstopper

Well that's a bummer - when you say "lost 5th gear", what happened?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94