Is this okay for antenna?

louxwe

I have a new cb installed and not enough room for the antenna to fit in the garage. I found out I could just bend it forward and hold it behind my awning and then have plenty of room to drive in..... is the harmful to the antenna if I leave it bent forward like that for licensing long periods of time?

IMG_8509.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Idaho

It would take about a hundred years---no, make that hundreds of years- for that spring to start to fail. I have an engine made back in the 40's, and the valves still slam shut when they are supposed to.
You'll be fine. Spring steel is amazing stuff.

No I don't think you will hurt that antenna. Do you know what brand antenna that is? I could use a short CB antenna like that with a spring mounted to my rack.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
No I don't think you will hurt that antenna. Do you know what brand antenna that is? I could use a short CB antenna like that with a spring mounted to my rack.
Look at the tunable tipped fire stick antennas. It was best cb antenna I ever had. Oh yeah a cheap little set meter also.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

louxwe

Look at the tunable tipped fire stick antennas. It was best cb antenna I ever had. Oh yeah a cheap little set meter also.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what it is a firestix tunable tip I also bought a quick release thing but it broke on the first use so I think I will just leave it tucked under the rack to get in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier