4M50 bolt size?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I'm on the road in Santa Fe and a bolt sheared off on the front of my motor - can anybody tell me what size the threads are going to be on this? I'd like to go ahead and obtain the hardware to fix this, assuming I can get the rest of the bolt out.

(This is the mounting point for my second alternator tensioner bracket).

Thanks!

20170430_184458.jpg

pugslyyy

Also, where in New Mexico/Arizona should I look for Fuso parts? I need a MK427117 front LH indicator, as mine has gone missing.

pugslyyy

Answering my own questions:

The bolt is an M8-1.25, and surprisingly easy to extract all things considered. Second alternator is back online.

_NnVaBiSAl07I4UMf55endGLFUIFHVg6mPTGp1CWRKQpX92IB[1].jpg

Haven't found a good Fuso dealer in NM (Bruckner truck seems to have a really bad reputation) so just getting parts sent from North Carolina.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Good to know you got it fixed. Can't say I disagree about the Bruckner Denver branch. Someone posted a link to a CA Fuso parts dealer a while back. I put the phone number and website address in my glove compartment. Busbee's is the best used parts supplier I've run across.

pugslyyy

Wow, that is a lot of lateral pressure on that bolt that broke. Buy a spare. Can you flip the bracket to the back side of the alternator to reduce the bushing length?

No, but when I get back to my shop I may modify the bracket to eliminate the spacer, or just weld the bracket to the spacer. It held for 10 years so I don't feel too bad about it finally breaking - lots more important stuff has already broken on that truck! :)

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
No, but when I get back to my shop I may modify the bracket to eliminate the spacer...

Personally, I would just bend the bracket at the engine end, so the bracket could sit flush on the head. A kink in the bracket should be stronger than your current configuration.

pugslyyy

Yeah I was thinking about cutting it and welding in a spacer to offset the bracket so it will sit flush. Bending it will reduce the length by an inch or so.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

pugslyyy

Good to know you got it fixed. Can't say I disagree about the Bruckner Denver branch. Someone posted a link to a CA Fuso parts dealer a while back. I put the phone number and website address in my glove compartment. Busbee's is the best used parts supplier I've run across.

I ordered from Tom's Truck in CA. They had good pricing but have made delivery a major headache. I asked for it to be shipped UPS for me to pickup at the UPS Customer Center in Flagstaff, so of course they shipped it FedEx. Unsurprisingly, UPS has no interest in accepting a package from FedEx to hold for me to pickup.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Oooh. That's bad. I once bought a starter from the Syracuse NY Fuso dealer. Parts guy was very nice, told me he would ship parts to me directly from the Fuso warehouse if I wanted parts. Maybe that's a better option. http://maysfleetsales.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94