Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mog Life

I notice you have installed an overdrive and larger tires. Does your U1300 have working gears (low range in transfer case)? It is difficult to retrofit since the Bundeswehr U1300s did not come with the correct shaft to mate with the low range gears and therefore the transmission needs to be pulled out and at least partially dis-assembled. But it is nice with the size and weight of a camper to have it.

Charlie
    Unimog U500 with Unicat camper; diesel BMW X5 35d, diesel BJ40 Landcruiser and diesel M37

My one has not low gears, I dont plat to crawl whit it, but for the std power of the 1300 is hard to pull tyres and over, I just send to cut and balance and no problems to work whit my gearbox

Quote Originally Posted by Jostt View Post
    the std power of the 1300 is hard to pull tyres and over
    That is why low range is helpful. I don't plan to rock-crawl either but when getting un-stuck it is very helpful, also avoids damage to camper in rough or tight situations.
    You just spent 7-8000 euros on the Claas, working gears will help get full advantage of the Unimog nature of the truck.
    Just my opinion.

Charlie
    Unimog U500 with Unicat camper; diesel BMW X5 35d, diesel BJ40 Landcruiser and diesel M37

Great pics and nice Mog! Care to share the source / dimensions of the wheel spacers (6/10 bolt pattern) you show here?
    1986 U1300L Unimog Expedition Camper

Working gears are really useful with fast axles and big tyres.

Iain
    Brisbane, Australia
    Land Rover Defender 110
    Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
    Unimog U1250
    videos

Congrats! great truck and project.

I have two questions: what size are the new tires, 365/80 R20 with 11" rims? what are you using to stick the walls of the camper?

It is true about de Gerard But the best compromise was to keep low axle ratio whit Big tyres and overdrive, I know It is expensive but the axles to, the tyres are 365 85 20, or 13.00. R20 and the rims are 10, to stick the Panels I use polimer glu, It is the used to paste the front screen of the Cars, late I Will ribet one aluminium L profile

It is true about de Gerard But the best compromise was to keep low axle ratio whit Big tyres and overdrive, I know It is expensive but the axles to, the tyres are 365 85 20, or 13.00. R20 and the rims are 10, to stick the Panels I use polimer glu, It is the used to paste the front screen of the Cars, late I Will ribet one aluminium L profile
    I was thinking 11" wheels were needed for the 365 tires?

Hodakaguy
    My Syncro Westy Build Thread: CLICK HERE
    In Memory of the Crewmen NV: CLICK HERE
    Adventure is out there!: CLICK HERE
    Riding Through History: CLICK HERE

I dont know, Im not expert on trucks, but military trucks use 13.00 whit 10, It must be not a problem, I complane more about use these Big tyres whit the std Unimog 6 Bolt rims, they are agricultural rims for 12,5 wheels, these are bead block whit a Big falange, the std has a very small flange

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast