New Mog Life

Jostt

Adventurer
The tyres are Continental HCS, no experience whit truck tyres, the only positive coment is they are not so noisy on the tarmac.
Im fan of toyota 7 series, but it is a lj or bundera , as they call in many contries, whit kzt engine , 3.0 turbo, is my daily car

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
The tyres are Continental HCS, no experience whit truck tyres, the only positive coment is they are not so noisy on the tarmac.
Im fan of toyota 7 series, but it is a lj or bundera , as they call in many contries, whit kzt engine , 3.0 turbo, is my daily car

I have the 3B engine 3.4L no turbo. I see your Cruiser in the last picture now, very nice!

dwm

Jostt, how will you attach the box to the subframe, welding it or with bolts to get the chance to remove it if you want?

Vegard_S

Adventurer
I agree with Ian, it looks great! She's gonna be a real beauty!

What type of windows do you plan on using?

Anton2k3

Adventurer
We,re getting the same, but changing out the actual windows for glass versions. Do you find 3 window latches is enough security wise? I'm worried about flex and dust too with 3 latches

Jostt

Adventurer
So, It's true maybe It is not the máximum, as a security, but we dont have some more posibilities, atvthis moment, I see some swaps for my Windows, to upgrade It to glas, but my ones are New , I want to use the plastic ones and , when they became scrached I Will replace, I think these Windows has acgood compromise betwen price and quality, keep in mind I make all bymyself, the Windows and door Will be the only thinks we bought, for the cabine

Sitec

Adventurer
I'm worried about dust...

There's a simple way around that... (Well, I hope the idea I have will work).. When I build the body for my truck, I plan to mount two large air cleaner cases from a big tractor or header/combine in the living compartment (built into a row of cupboards across the front of the body at the top. The outlet (that was the outlet that supplied the engine) will vent out of the base of the cupboard so it's unseen. The filter inlet will be fed out through the roof or front of the box and will have two 3" snorkel heads mounted on them. There'll also be an electric shut off valve in the system somewhere. When on dirt roads, the valves are opened allowing air from outside to be force fed into the cabin pressurising it, in theory eliminating dust ingress. Once back on the blacktop the valves are shut and the cabin returns to normal use. Upon arrival at camp after a day on dirt, the filters can be removed and blown out if required.... Open to comments on this, and was planning to open a thread on it later on when I start my build. :)

Vegard_S

Adventurer
Dometic seitz s4 one 1000x550mm and another 700x550mm

View attachment 400812

Aha, thanks for info. I believe they are a good compromise between quality and price. Allso nice to see that you are choosing quite big windows. In my oppinion a lot of manufacturers of overland/expo campers choose to install way to small windows, thus resulting in having to little natural light inside the camper. To small windows can also increase the feeling of being inside a small room, and limit the view to the outside.

Look forward to following the rest of your build thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles