New Mog Life

Iain_U1250

Explorer
I have had bigger ones in my truck, with four latches and have had no problems with the catches or dust leaks even on the rear windows.

I have heard people wondering about security with these windows, mine are 2m off the ground and anyone will need a ladder to get close

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Thanks for that Iain. Security wise we'll install some removable window bars during the build i think. We're also going with the glass units with tinted film, and composite (glass/plastic inner) construction. Hopefully pretty secure.

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
Hi

There may be space between the inner and outer halves of the Seitz frame (depending on camper wall thickness, or pack the inner blind to suit?) to install some sort of recessed fixing within the wall to attach a metal security grill covering the window space when needed?

Metallic reflective film on the outside of the window can minimise scratches, prevent nosy people looking and keep more heat out. You can't really shape it to the tight radii at the edges but if cut neatly to the main flat window area it looks ok.

Jostt

Adventurer
Finallly after some weeks out of home by my job this mornig I try to find the best way to fix the stairs for the cabine acces, the plan is to use the one I show on the pics, this stair is very long so I will use just half of theme, the total high I need is about 1,4 meters, and It will be removable, because it is not space under the door , there is just the wheel so I will build a box to save it

IMG_20170527_133135.jpg

IMG_20170527_190143.jpg

So just half fited on the final position

IMG_20170527_194815.jpg

Iain_U1250

Explorer
The stairs look great, do they flex when you climb them? They would make it a lot easier to climb in, can they handle different heights, uneven ground, or sand on the beach?

My ones require a reasonable level of fitness, having the drop down for the shower reduces the height to something manageable, and the handles on the door and inside make it a lot easier. I had to have automatic stairs to comply with local regulations to make it a motorhome, but have considered something like this as an add on when we are camped up for a few days. The heights of mine are the same as the steps up to the cab.

2016-10-10%2B12.14.28.jpg

Jostt

Adventurer
They are so stif under load, yesterday I allready test and they looks like ok, do you use just two steps to do it, right, and your cabine looks lower than myone,thanks for your photo, the space you have is beter than mine because I have the wheel just under the door, so I will try it some trips before to make the final location, thanks Ian for the info

Iain_U1250

Explorer
The cab on mine would be the same height as yours, however the entrance to camper box is lower than yours, so we can have a full height door and shower at the entrance. This what it looked like during construction, you can see the floor and the step down into the shower area.

DSC00317.jpg

As we have the chamfer on the roof, the drop down shower area means we can still have a full height door - well almost, I still have to watch the top of my head when stepping down. This the first run of the automatic steps I built.

Jostt

Adventurer
Nice to see how you solve the door /shower area , Ian, thans for the ideas, in any case I dont like the solution for the shower, I will use a space to build one WC whit shower and instead of build a big bed we will use two 90 cm bed , many options...thanks for the ideas

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
The stairs look great, do they flex when you climb them? They would make it a lot easier to climb in, can they handle different heights, uneven ground, or sand on the beach?

My ones require a reasonable level of fitness, having the drop down for the shower reduces the height to something manageable, and the handles on the door and inside make it a lot easier. I had to have automatic stairs to comply with local regulations to make it a motorhome, but have considered something like this as an add on when we are camped up for a few days. The heights of mine are the same as the steps up to the cab.

2016-10-10%2B12.14.28.jpg

This is what I fitted:
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camper-Steps/Brophy/AS24.html
They're very solid but you do have to be outside to put them down

Iain_U1250

Explorer
Just one thing to what is not drilling too many holes in the bottom flange of the chassis, my "Unimog Body Builder Manual" says not do drill holes there, but on the vertical face and to keep the holes at least 25mm from the top or bottom flange.

How does the bracket handle the rocking, is there anyway it can come off the hook if you rock the camper a bit much. Might be a nasty surprise if they come undone and you step out the next morning.

Jostt

Adventurer
Mmmm , its true, I did'nt think on that, honestly now its done , but, I keep It mind, for Next job, thanks , The question is how I can fix two cases on The back of The truck? Because I was thinking to use The dame system

Iain_U1250

Explorer
Can you show where you want to fix them? The rear cross member is OK to drill, but if you want to fix them to the sides, then just drill holes in the side of the chassis. If it is in a part of the chassis that flexes, then you need one fixed mount and one pivot mount, or it will bend the box. This is front pivoting mount on my side box, holds 4 Jerry cans and tools, so quite a heavy load.

14572349_344577112541930_5910607850633306003_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne