New Mog Life

Jostt

Adventurer
I can recommend the Vraking ones, because the price is very good, no reason to expend time , my ones are diferent from rear to front to keep the std front lugs, the set of four adapters whit all the nuts and bolts was 1900 €. Its imposible to rich this price if You dont build 20 sets, the steel they use is very good
info@vrakking-tires.com

Jostt

Adventurer
Last staf to pass the technical control for vehicles, the look of It is not nice and the capatibilities off road are droped, some pics from the lateral protection bars
IMG_20170912_162345.jpg

IMG_20170912_170016.jpg

IMG_20170912_203650.jpg

IMG_20170912_203634.jpg

The space betwen the low bar and the ground needs to be 550 mm as a max

shouldbeasy

Observer
Last staf to pass the technical control for vehicles, the look of It is not nice and the capatibilities off road are droped, some pics from the lateral protection bars

The space betwen the low bar and the ground needs to be 550 mm as a max

Nice piece of art you installed!

Kinda disappointing that you have to add them but you're making it look proper so it blends in. Well done!

Jostt

Adventurer
Thanks for the positive coment, no way , when the old owner import the truck they write on the paperwork as a normal truck instead of 4x4, its way Now I need to do all this shets, I need to paste Also reflective stickers....You Will see...
IMG_20170913_184327.jpg

Iain_U1250

Explorer
HI Jose, if the previous owner had imported it as a 4x4, would you still have to put all the under-run protection on?

Jostt

Adventurer
IMG_20170915_205112.jpg

IMG_20170915_205147.jpg

Last updates , the Doors for the rear boxes...
Big Big deal...I fight to find the proper way whit the right seals

aernan

Observer
The way you attached your walls to an internal frame looks unique in the builds I have seen. I am assuming you did this to get the best insulation values possible.

Jostt

Adventurer
Yes , It is like this, the glue I use is for this job, it is my first build as a Camper, so I Will see on future how It reacts, The rivets keeps Also the panel on to the metal chasis, I use 45 mm rivets

aernan

Observer
I'm working on converting an M1078 LMTV right now. Right now I'm trying to size the insulation I will need to be comfortable. How thick did you make your walls and roof? Do you know the R values for the material you used? I'm guessing it's something like 6-8 and you have a Expanded Polystyrene foam core material with fiberglass or fiber reinforced plastic.

Jostt

Adventurer
I use xps material whit fiberglas as a sanwich compound for the walls, and inside I add a 60 mm xps tablea , at all, walls and roof, because It is one space betwen the metal chasi and the internal walls, after that is 3 mm fenolic compac platea as a finish material, this is the one is used on the gym's to make toiletes and walls It is waterprof and much more resistent than plywood, total walls are 90 mm , the two problems I see for that in a van are the space , because You use a lot of room inside and the height, xps is very light, but the compact wood no, keep in mind, just the 3mm compact for all the walls and roof are close to 200 kg ( Also internall walls to divide the WC and bed) , but I Think is the necesary amount You need on the walls for this material, xps here is very very cheap , the k is very low as a 0,034 in 60mm

aernan

Observer
Ok did some google search. If you take the k value and divide by inches you get the R value. 60 mm = 2.36 inches. 2.36/.034 = 69.4. That's actually exceptionally high. That means the R value of your material is 30 per inch. That sounds a bit high. According to wikipedia the R values for XPS should be in the 5-5.4 per inch. 2.36 inches * 5.4 = 12.7r
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-value_(insulation)
At 90 mm (3.54 inches) = 19.16 R

I do agree that the XPS is very light.

Thanks again for the numbers. This is really helping me figure out how much Air Conditioning I'm going to need to enjoy being in the desert. :)

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
If you take the k value and divide by inches you get the R value. 60 mm = 2.36 inches. 2.36/.034 = 69.4.

Um...what you said was "k value divided by inches" - but what you did was "inches divided by k value".

I have no idea which is right - I'm just pointing out what looks like a discrepancy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94