New Mog Life

Jostt

Adventurer
The value I tell you is for a 60mm walls, xps is common in a frigo trucks buildings , so I can imagine is a good compromise for a good isulation, tthere is one other thingslike the thermal bridges, You must try to work on It un your building

aernan

Observer
Jostt. From my research it looks like your truck is very well insulated. If you do have 90mm then it's the most insulated vehicle I have found. If my numbers are right I can calculate the BTU your vehicle leaks and tell you how cold you can make it in hot weather. :) This list summer it was 107 F 41.7 C here in San Jose California for a week straight.

DzlToy

Explorer
While I am somewhat familiar with the materials that Jostt is using (Phenolic sheeting and XPS) foam, I can assure you that a 90mm wall does not have an R-value of 69. You might get that with Aerogel or VIP's, but certainly not with foam and fiberglass.

There are some units to consider and I don't think that K-value and R-value can simply be inverted or flipped. If I am incorrect, please provide links to these products, as I certainly interested in a 90mm wall with an R-69 rating.

http://www.encon.co.uk/customer-cen...alues-explained-quick-guide-u-values-r-values

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Our camper bodies have 85mm (roof, floor, front and rear walls) and 50mm (sides) panels. That is a bit more than a Unicat has. At roughly R5 per inch you will get around R15-20 max. Week point will be your door and windows. Our refrigerator bodies go up to 105mm thickness.
Will put our demo camper in the climate controlled room soon for some formal testing.

aernan

Observer
Our camper bodies have 85mm (roof, floor, front and rear walls) and 50mm (sides) panels. That is a bit more than a Unicat has. At roughly R5 per inch you will get around R15-20 max. Week point will be your door and windows. Our refrigerator bodies go up to 105mm thickness.
Will put our demo camper in the climate controlled room soon for some formal testing.

Thanks for those numbers. I will do my AC sizing calculations based on those numbers.

I have seen some amazingly low R values for windows. Is there a simple way to insulate them if you don't care about looking out them?

DzlToy

Explorer
Phenolic foam or XPS plugs, Aerogel pillows, Reflectix, down pillows and duct tape, Spaceloft Blanket, ad infinitum....

aernan

Observer
Aerogel pillows sounds like something you might find at a nice spa. haha. :sombrero:

BTW I believe spaceloft is aerogel.

Jason F1

Hi,

What is a 'cowl silencer' please? Looks like a simple pipe with flange bracket on one end?

Is the clamp flange an actual exhaust fitting or a laboratory chemical pipe clamp fitting?

Jostt

Adventurer
Is a chemical staff , You are right, It is the best quality materials I found here, the clamps are doing his job ...

Jostt

Adventurer
IMG_20170929_170310.jpg

The last updates before the interior job, We need a power suply until we install the solar panels, so I build a box to store the small honda generator, this whit the 70 amps charger Will be enought to charge the 150 amps baterías

IMG_20170929_205747.jpg

Jostt

Adventurer
We recibe this week all the staff for the cabine,
Webasto dual top
Webasto x100 cooker
Tettford c402
Vitron 3000 24v 70 amps charge
Dometic crx60 freeze
At the end I prefer to build the interior whit the real staff, because all the sizes can be a disaster if You plan something special and You can not find in stock.....
IMG_20170926_112235.jpg

IMG_20170926_112244.jpg

IMG_20170926_112249.jpg

IMG_20170926_112606.jpg

IMG_20170926_112304.jpg

Jostt

Adventurer
Next week the truck Will be under technical inspection to cange the actual legal activity to the motorhome, so no any more taco....and disc....I haré any time in my case...so I finish all the details

IMG_20170929_130454.jpg

The front brakes eficiency was not optimal by the lack of oil caming from the wheel reducers, one gasket was Broken, so time to replace
IMG_20170928_134054.jpg

IMG_20170928_135217.jpg

RiderBloke

Observer
This “person” is sending out spam or worse on two expedition forums. Be careful

6ec6575374ad00614272cdddccf8642b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne