New Mog Life

Iain_U1250

Explorer
If you wonder about the resale, then you should not customise anything. I have never had a standard car, I always make whichever anything I own "mine", why put up with the design compromises the manufacturers make to try and sell them to as wide a market as possible.

Your truck looks great Jose, and you are making it suit your needs, not that of a mass market. Keep up the good work :)

Jostt

Adventurer
Thanks Ian, I Think we have the same point of view , I like to make all by myself....so next steep is the distribution of the cabine, I expect to be ready for December, even if is not 100% , I would like to make the first trip to Moroco, specially the Atlas, maybe is to long for first time whit it but i Think the truck is very reliable, just in case

Jostt

Adventurer
Working progress....time now for the rear lights, and storage boxes, I was on doubt about the size, at the end I did'nt make so Big , I was thinking in keep the exit angles...honestly many diferent solutions can be done to solve this part , so this is the resultados
IMG_20170818_102107.jpg

IMG_20170819_144416.jpg

IMG_20170819_144433.jpg

Stainless steel and aluminium

loonwheeler

Adventurer
Care to share the specs / drws of the 6 bolt to 10 bolt adapter plates you used for the Hutchinson wheels? Very interested. PM me if needed with additional details.

Sitec

Adventurer
Wheels...

Seeing the comments/interest in the wheel conversion jogged my memory... Here's a YouTube vid of an older Mog playing that's had a wheel conversion. They look like Alloy 22.5" trailer wheels from Europe, suited to Super Single tyres. Some will think they look bad, others will think they look ok... I like them.. Just another option for those going from 6 stud to the larger wheels. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CWHn81khLBg

Roverchef

Adventurer
Merex has the 6/10-lug wheel adaptors for the MRAP(Hutchinson) rims and so does Vrakking. I've used both kinds and prefer Merex but in either case you need different lug nuts(Super) and most likely longer studs too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles