Importing Cruisers

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I'm interested to see how what you find compares to what is available here in Spain. GL!!

ckkone

Explorer
RHD is the only thing that has prevented me from buying a 1HZ Troop Carrier on more than one occasion.

Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Belgium and many other LHD European countries have hoards of Landcruisers if you have any contacts there that can help with language barriers it a good place to look as well.

I browse https://www.autoscout24.com from time to time just to look.

Some that are currently listed:

0312988306001.jpg

0306281428001.jpg

0322105258001.jpg

0314525646004.jpg

0305695079001.jpg

0314572312001.jpg

0308179026005.jpg

0321271108005.jpg

0304851298011.jpg

Last edited:

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
RHD is the only thing that has prevented me from buying a 1HZ Troop Carrier on more than one occasion.

Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Belgium and many other RHD European countries have hoards of Landcruisers if you have any contacts there that can help with language barriers it a good place to look as well.

You do know that only the UK, Ireland, Cyprus and Malta are RHD in Europe; South Africa, Australia and New Zealand are also RHD.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I don't search Europe because I don't have any contacts there. From what I have been told though the trucks are just as rusty and have just as much body filler as anywhere else in the world. I have contacts down here in Latin America and have traveled down here extensively so that is why I search down here.

Cheers

hayde89

Italian Speaker

If anyone needs any help with finding something in Italy I can certainly help. I am fluent in Italian but do not have any solid contacts over that way. At least none that I would trust to find a solid car. For what it is worth as well even though most people speak English I have know a bit of Maltese as well. Just throwing that out there. I have been talking with my Canadian buddy who is trying to import a land rover from Italy. So if you need someone to translate just give me a heads up and I would be happy to help.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I purchased my first truck to import about three weeks ago and have already done a lot of work to it in prep for importing and resale. It is a 1990 PZJ70 LX with factory AC in great condition for being 27yrs old. I am currently hunting for a second truck to import, ideally a Troopy or pickup. I am also looking at HJ47's.

I plan to ship my first container up around September 1st.

Cheers

good for you rmp&o

We had seen a lot of cruisers when we were in Panama (last week) and considered trying to purchase one to drive up, but got intimidated by our lack of Spanish skill and talking to folks who had tried and failed to purchase Panama registered vehicles and drive them out. (some law about only Panama citizens can export a Panama truck.)

I'm sure you've done your homework and I wish you luck. Maybe when we get back to the USA (and get jobs) I'll be contacting you for a truck.

I just checked out the site. looks great. Exciting stuff.
Good to know I might actually be able to afford one of these things. Not a grade A... or B... but hey, I've never had any vehicle that would meet the A or B standards so why start now :)

zimm

Expedition Leader
the blue 47 is a nice find. i always wished i could fit in one.

you should post prices for impulse buyers!

NCFJ

Adventurer
Good on ya Ian! Looks like you are off to a good start. I look forward to seeing your inventory grow (and shrink :) ) .

shmabs

Explorer
good for you Ian, this is awesome and I hope it works out. Keep me in the loop for a LHD, diesel powered 80 series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles