Not So Subtle E350 Shuttle - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

macexpress

Observer
How did you lengthen the sensor wire for the outside thermometer? I've researched many different options for an add on thermometer and this seems decent for really cheap. Just curious how to get more than 100mm for a sensor wire.

eporter

Adventurer
re: door seals, I wonder if there's a decent (cheaper) aftermarket solution? On my old land cruiser, it's only got the one layer seals. Later models had the seals on the door and on the body. Someone figured out a good, universal door seal that would work as a 2nd seal on the older rigs. The whole kit is ~120 for 4 doors.
http://wagongear.com/shop/door-seals/

sakurama

Adventurer
I knew I’d get **** for that.

I have to to say that I absolutely love the van and find the sound of the 7.3 really comforting. It’s idle just says “road trip” to me. It sounds infinite. Just a louder version...

Jsweezy

Explorer
I knew I'd get **** for that.

I have to to say that I absolutely love the van and find the sound of the 7.3 really comforting. It's idle just says “road trip” to me. It sounds infinite. Just a louder version...

Ha ha I couldnt help myself. Ironically enough that question is asked more often that not.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I knew I’d get **** for that.

I have to to say that I absolutely love the van and find the sound of the 7.3 really comforting. It’s idle just says “road trip” to me. It sounds infinite. Just a louder version...

The Dynamat combo that MG used on the Optima Van was impressive! Not cheap though so I would recommend Raamat and Ensolite for the bulk of the job and invest in some Dynapad for around the dog house. Also, check the lower dog house clamps for tightness. Over time they loosen up and the seal suffers. I hit the little footman loops they hook onto forward (toward engine)and down a tad. This snugged the dog house down and into the firewall a bit more. Helped with sound a bit.

Brad

Last edited:

sakurama

Adventurer
How did you lengthen the sensor wire for the outside thermometer? I've researched many different options for an add on thermometer and this seems decent for really cheap. Just curious how to get more than 100mm for a sensor wire.

Sorry I missed this. All you have to do is cut the two lead sensor wire. Not sure what the type of pickup is but there's no polarity to it so just cut it and solder in as much wire as you need. I've heard that people have extended them 20' or so but I added about 10' in case I wanted to move it.

i-24zTRBQ-X2.jpg

And this was the start of my trip to California yesterday. I can't tell you how happy I was to have that outside temp as I went over several passes and through several snow storms and when the road got that slushy wet look I could glance up at the temp and know if I had to be worried about it being frozen or not.

After that trip, 34 hours there and back, I think I may be looking to put on a set of smaller, lighter tires. I can't seem to get the van much over 14mpg and I think a lot of that is down to tires. Going to look for a set of take offs to experiment with.

Gregor

gmtech

Observer
do you have a link for the gauges and a pillar pod you have? also where did u hook the trans temp and the boost guage too?

thanks sweet van!

thebigblue

Adventurer
Sorry I missed this. All you have to do is cut the two lead sensor wire. Not sure what the type of pickup is but there's no polarity to it so just cut it and solder in as much wire as you need. I've heard that people have extended them 20' or so but I added about 10' in case I wanted to move it.
Gregor

Is it not a resistance measurement on the sensor - I think adding wire will offset the measurement ...

locrwln

Expedition Leader

sakurama

Adventurer
I believe you got the "auto" hub part of your hubs to work...

Actually I haven't gotten it to work yet. We thought it was most likely a bad seal in the hubs and I just waited until I replaced the hubs which Josh did a few weeks back and that didn't get them working. As soon as MG is done with his TX vans I'm going to have him take a look at it. Perhaps he can chime in with which pump he used although I thought he tapped into the van's existing vacuum system.

This week I'm attacking the floor and seating in the back. Stay tuned.

Gregor

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Actually I haven't gotten it to work yet. We thought it was most likely a bad seal in the hubs and I just waited until I replaced the hubs which Josh did a few weeks back and that didn't get them working. As soon as MG is done with his TX vans I'm going to have him take a look at it. Perhaps he can chime in with which pump he used although I thought he tapped into the van's existing vacuum system.

This week I'm attacking the floor and seating in the back. Stay tuned.

Gregor

Thank you very much. I replaced the unit bearings and all of the seals in my front axle, so I hope I don't have a leak.

I look forward to the updates.

Jack

UHAULER

Explorer
Another thing to look at is the rubber vacuum lines that go from the hub to the hard lines on the frame. I had a problem on my 02 f350 even after replacing the hub seals. The compressor kept coming on. The rubber hoses looked very dry/brittle. I never did replace them, I sold the truck(and told the buyer)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles