Exterior LED Galley Lights - light strips

High_Country

Adventurer
I'm looking to use some LED 'tubes' or light strips for convenience lighting on the OUTSIDE of my trailer to light the kitchen / water / under awning area.
They will need to be mounted pretty rigidly somehow to the trailer body.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, robust, and 'waterproof' exterior LED light strip?

High_Country

Adventurer
Thanks for the suggestions. These lights will be hardwired to the outside of the trailer and powered by a 12v battery and switch.
In my mind, they weren't going to be a flexible 'rope' style light but something more rigid / robust to withstand the abuse of camp kitchen use plus 70mph on the highway.
Here's a shot of us camping right now with the trailer for some insight.
You can see in the one close up pic the underside of the rail where I'd like to mount the lights.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    628 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 21

rudee13

I'm using the anzo 4 channel wireless light controller ($35 @ o'reilry's) and smaller (7" 36w) led lightbars from amazon on each side of trailer aimed downward to light area. The anzo has a 4 button fob which is nice to have handy when your coming down ladder of RTT at night also works within 100'. I'm using the nilights led bars. Anzo straight to battery. I think it's pretty slick set up.

http://m.oreillyauto.com/h5/r/www.oreillyauto.com

Anzo USA - Remote Control
Line: ANZ | Part # 851067

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

workingonit71

Aspirantes ad Adventure
LED lights, inside, outside, all around; 12vdc and 120vac (w/GFCI)

I use LED lights exclusively in my trailer. I bought two sets of lights at Ikea, one with puck lights​ (w/RGB color dial), the other on 18" bars. Both sets are 120vac, inside the cabin. I also have a series of round lights on the ceiling, powered by 12vdc, turned on by a hanging central pendant switch, reachable from either door. It is always powered on. Outside, I have two sets of 12vdc lights in my galley area, white overhead, blue on the sides, controlled from the galley. For getting out of the trailer at night, I have pushbutton/momentary on light bars under each door, so I can see what I might step on, coming out. All the 12vdc exterior LED lights are from AutoZone. Lately, I've also been using blue rope lights, loosely string about around, under, and inside my side-tents, so I can see any reptiles before they see me. These lights are from Walmart, are 120vac, waterproof, and connected to a GFCI in my galley. I had one connection get loose, while laying in a pool of storm water, and the click of the GFCI told me to check the connections. I tightened them, reset the GFCI, and it worked fine, after that.

DanCooper

Adventurer
I bought Access LED lights for my trailer galley. I will be installing them in a few weeks. Many different sizes and colors, waterproof, 3M tape installation, and even a battery-powered option if you don't want to direct wore it to your vehicle/house battery.

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
I get my LED rolls from dx.com. I like to stick with white; I'm not a fan of the RGB combo that makes white

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles