Outbound Windows..... who has used them?

Ramdough

Adventurer
Looking for detail pictures and installation pictures/instructions for Outbound windows.

Any personal experience opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darwin

Explorer
xpeditioncamper uses them with their builds. He has pictures of the windows in his build thread. I saw them in person when I visited the factory, and they miles ahead of my Seitz s4.

Ramdough

Adventurer
xpeditioncamper uses them with their builds. He has pictures of the windows in his build thread. I saw them in person when I visited the factory, and they miles ahead of my Seitz s4.

Thanks..... I will check them out.

Anton2k3

Adventurer
I'm about to order some of these for my sprinter panel van conversion. Just need to verify some of my measurement...these things stick out quite a long way with the blind cartridge installed.

Ramdough

Adventurer
Can you take a bunch of detail pictures? I would like to see more. They are such an important investment. Thanks.

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Argh no, I've just found vanglas.de! I'm re-considering now. I have a space constraint being a panel van conversion, and the seitz units are much lower profile. Seitz with glass maybe the optimum solutions....and much cheaper.

S2DM

Adventurer
I have then in my rig. I think I was one of the first to order them in the states as they've made a few small improvements in the interim. I find them to be far superior to seitz. The FRP outer frame isnt a strength concern as the way it is bonded to the truck body makes it quite strong. They are also great to work with and shipping is easy.

Ramdough

Adventurer
I have then in my rig. I think I was one of the first to order them in the states as they've made a few small improvements in the interim. I find them to be far superior to seitz. The FRP outer frame isnt a strength concern as the way it is bonded to the truck body makes it quite strong. They are also great to work with and shipping is easy.

Can you please send close up pictures of the windows, hardware, and glass frames? I am curious how secure they are from thieves and high winds. Without having one in hand, pictures are the best I can do.

Have you had any issues so far?

They claim to be altitude proof, did they vent the glass, build it super strong, or make them flexible to compensate for altitude?

Thanks!

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
Hi

Having had Seitz we wanted something better. I looked at Outbound windows on one vehicle and went for them straight away.

Many builders in Germany say they are not as good as KCT, but the price of those is ridiculous even if you can choose different types of glass depending on where you're going, so how much tint and heat through etc. And we're not building a Rolls Royce.

All hatches, doors, and windows are fitted but I have yet to pick the vehicle up though. We also asked for extra handles (and so locking points) on the bigger windows and hatches to increase the security, a lower main door handle so you can reach it from the ground, one door with hardware kind of inside out and back to front to form the crawl thru door, one hatch with no handle outside, one with a lock but no handle, and their window security covers are possibly more secure than KCTs version but I can't remember why at the moment!

Outbound have been far and away the friendliest, most professional and helpful people I've dealt with for some time, so ask them for pics if you want something specific.

Last edited:

Neil

Observer
I agree with Grizzly. For the money I think they are much better value than the KCT ( which is a fantastic in window)

I also think they look better and have more glass and less frame. The KCT look chunky.

Don't know about their altitude testing but they are a real contender.

Neil

Dave in Wisconsin

Argh no, I've just found vanglas.de! I'm re-considering now. I have a space constraint being a panel van conversion, and the seitz units are much lower profile. Seitz with glass maybe the optimum solutions....and much cheaper.

Anton.... Where are you sourcing Seitz windows with glass?? Vanglas site is inn Dutch. How to you manage this?

Last edited:

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Hi Dave,

I just used google translate, and then emailed them directly. They can speak/email in English. Have to say, they look great, very pleased with them. The ability to add choice of tinting film is a nice touch too. We went with the lightest tint reflective ones. Theres some photos in my build thread, and i'll chuck another on up later as we've fitted one to the van now too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94