Shock sizing questions for 2016 F-350

powderproject

FullSizeRender.jpgHey guys I have a 2016 F-350 with a cm flatbed and a 8'11" Northern-Lite truck camper..(#3500) I am trying to dial in the suspension on it.
I have a Fox 2.0 with remote rez that came with the Kore leveling kit. They pretty much suck for the weight I have so I have been looking at the King 3.0" ($4,500) or 2.5" ($2,500). Is the 2.5 gonna handle the rig like a dream or should I drop the hammer on the 3.0". Big price difference....but... What to do? Other thoughts on shocks?

In-Progress Build
2016 Ford F-350
Big whig sway bar
Fox 2.0 shocks
Pac brake airbags

Last edited:

Darwin

Explorer
Hopefully the shocks fix your problem, if they do report back.

The other issue might be the springs, it's a balance between stability and load carrying with a heavy hard side camper vs softer spring rate springs, like those from Carli. Personally, stock springs and a spacer might actually fix a lot of it, since the stock springs likely have a stiffer spring rate. Those with good 2.5's and I think the problem would diminished by a lot.

powderproject

I had a nice chat with Carli today. I gotta say.. They took a lot of time for me and they are doing some research in the next few days to help me dial in my suspension. Sounds like we might build custom spring packs and use the 2.5" pintops. The 3.0" is a sweet shock but its double the price so If we can get away with the 2.5" and it does the job well I will be psyched at the money savings. It can go towards the 16.5 TI winch haha..

bigskypylot

Explorer
View attachment 399229Hey guys I have a 2016 F-350 with a cm flatbed and a 8'11" Northern-Lite truck camper..(#3500) I am trying to dial in the suspension on it.
I have a Fox 2.0 with remote rez that came with the Kore leveling kit. They pretty much suck for the weight I have so I have been looking at the King 3.0" ($4,500) or 2.5" ($2,500). Is the 2.5 gonna handle the rig like a dream or should I drop the hammer on the 3.0". Big price difference....but... What to do? Other thoughts on shocks?

In-Progress Build
2016 Ford F-350
Big whig sway bar
Fox 2.0 shocks
Pac brake airbags

Sweet set-up by the way! Do you plan on adding any storage in the open area on the sides? That Camper would look great in a dark grey/gunmetal wrap :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94