Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Holden Colorado 2.8 half height Canopy build

Default Rack mounted

Got the rack mounted up over the weekend.

Used some suspension sway bar bushings to space the rack up about 20mm over the canopy

My truck is finally back to its role of mountain bike support and transport!

DSC_0204.jpg

Hi All

Finally got some new suspension fitted to the truck. Ended up going with Bilstein B6 offroad shocks, king springs front and EFS leafs in the rear. Truck came up around 2 inches. Not a huge lift but enough to stop the belly scraping so often. Also means that I did not have to go to the extent of new UCA's or a diff drop. Rear of the truck is performing much better now. The front is better but a little harsher than what I would like over low speed square edged bumps. Not sure what to do about that.

My munchkins seems to like the extra height, they have just been out learning some early slab rock climbing skills and are quite happy with themselves

DSC_0221.jpg

Also had a little time to work on the kitchen, certainly not finished yet but it is coming together.

DSC_0230.jpg

Have a top week all.

Turned out great. Nice work on the canopy and the lift.
    1999 Jeep TJ - Trail Rig
    2011 JK Unlimited
    2014 Ram 1500

Cheers bdp1978 much appreciated!

Hoping to start building some fold able ladder racks to sit on the rack this weekend so that I can carry longer objects easily. Currently tossing up a RTT for it as well.

Unfortunately didn't get around to the ladder racks this weekend, however managed a little time to varnish up the tail gate kitchen and begin packing it with goodies to keep the tummy etc happy!

I'm pretty pleased with how this the kitchen has turned out and I am very keen for the first longer proper trip that is coming up. The shorter little trips have shown that the functionality is close to what I was hoping for.

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

Cheers All

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345