2006 Land Rover LR3 - 112K Miles - Central VA

wvrover

Hello all! I am selling my 2006 LR3 SE with 112K miles. The vehicle is currently located in Charlottesville, VA. I have owned the truck for approximately three years and it has truly been a great vehicle. Big, comfortable, and terrifying to the Prius-driving hipsters here in Charlottesville! I love driving this thing and I am sure I will miss it in the snow and going camping.

I have recently purchased a BMW X5 Diesel as a replacement. I wanted to turn this into my trail truck since I don’t really like to take my D90 off-road very much, but I figured 3 SUVs was a little excessive. This would make an amazing start to a trail truck build or a great daily driver.

I have pretty much all the service records going back about 7 years. Prior to that it was maintained at a dealership and the records are available if you call Land Rover in Roanoke, VA.

Features:
- Newer BFG AT/KO All-Terrains with approximately 80% lead life still left. I put slightly larger tires on it and I think it looks pretty ************. These are the largest you can fit without doing some sort of lift: 265/65R18s.
- If asking price is paid, I will include the Britpart IIDTool - This is the Bluetooth version that you can synch to your phone or iPad to get the full functionality of the tool. Although I never did it, this will allow you to program a lift into the suspension. ($500)
- Has the 3rd row of seats. I never used them, but they would be great for kids.
- Heated seats - front and rear. All work.
- Lots of 12V power outlets including in the cargo area.
- Rear climate controls.
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- CD changer
- AUX input behind center console.
- Dealer-installed genuine Land Rover hitch receiver and elector brake controller. The lady I bought it from raced motorcycles and had it added to tow her Ducati. I have not used it but I am sure this thing would tow quite well.
- I have both keys. Both work, but one looks a lot better than the other.

Recent Service: (vehicle currently has 112K miles on it)
- 94K Miles - Differential and Transfer Case Scheduled Maintenance - Fluid replaced.
- 94K Miles Transmission Service - New fluid and filter. (this is a big job on an LR3)
- 101K Miles - Park plugs replaced
- 105K Miles - Replaced all 4 Air Struts and air compressor. All replaced with OEM equipment. This dramatically improved ride quality and now means the suspension, one of the most expensive parts of this vehicle, is set for another 100K miles. I still have the old air compressor if you want a spare. It was still working, but I replaced it just to have everything on the same timeline. This job was $3700 for parts and labor.
- 112K - I just had both front axels replaced last week. They were starting to go and I was getting a vibration. I also had them rotate the ties and they installed new rear brake pads.
Oil changes using Mobile 1 Synthetic High Mileage at 94K, 99K, 105K, 110K.

The Bad:
- Its all cosmetic. This is, after all, an 11 year old vehicle.
There is a dent in the center of the hood that was there when I bought the truck. I have no idea how it happened. I have kept it waxed to make sure it doesn't get any worse.
- Several scratches, door dings, and other small imperfections around the vehicle. Nothing serious, but I keep it waxed to ensure they don't get any worse.
- The only big thing is that the clear coat has started to come off on several places on the roof. I have included a pic of this below. This is something I have kept an eye on, especially over the winter. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse and I have no idea how it started, but it is probably the biggest imperfection in the vehicle. However, if you keep it waxed, it should be just fine for a long time.

I am not aware of any trouble spots like there are on Defenders, however if there is something that I should have taken a picture of and didn’t, please let me know and I will post it ASAP.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am not interested in trades. I have the clean and clear VA title in-hand. It has a valid VA state inspection through July.

Price: $11,000
Photo May 07, 4 28 52 PM.jpgPhoto May 07, 4 29 24 PM.jpgPhoto May 07, 4 30 02 PM.jpgPhoto May 07, 4 29 11 PM.jpgPhoto May 07, 4 29 36 PM.jpgPhoto May 07, 4 31 48 PM.jpgPhoto May 07, 4 34 06 PM.jpgPhoto May 07, 4 34 10 PM.jpgPhoto May 07, 4 31 11 PM.jpgPhoto May 07, 6 05 12 PM.jpg

wvrover

Price Drop: $9500 OBO. All new air suspension (compressor and air struts), BFGs, new rear brakes (pads and rotors) AND a Bluetooth Britpart IIDTool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior