Europa G320 at Mastadon...thoughts?

Mastodon4x4

It takes time to build a reputation... and much more time to rebuild one. If the countless negative testimonies of customers and near-customers aren't enough to steer people in the right direction, I don't know what is.

I've said it before elsewhere: Tim, I hope you find a way to survive and thrive in a way that is not at the expense of others. You could build a business to be proud of instead of a temple of shame. The choice is yours. I hate to think of what it will be like when this catches up to you.

Not sure what that means but we have learned a lot in the past few years. One of the main things that we have learned is that we need to separate the plain stock Gwagon trucks from our custom builds as people expect $12-$20,000 trucks to be frame off restoration with no leaks or issues which everyone that knows anything about building trucks knows that it's not realistic for any sort of restoration for that type of money in the G wagon world. Even though you describe a car of being original with minor upgrades and very few flaws for the age it seems to totally go over peoples heads. We are building an interactive website just to explain all of this and for people to be able to spec out their trucks and know what it's going to cost. If you are expecting a frame off restoration as new as possible and an ex military or older 461 Mercedes G wagon chances are you are going to be $80,000+. I hope all of you will find someway to better spend your time then worrying about me. I've been doing this since I was 19 years old and now I'm 40. I have done business with a lot of close friends and elite clients for 15-20 years now. It's all I know. Not trying to be rude at all guys, just think a lot of retail customers have unrealistic expectations when purchasing 20-30 year old vintage 4x4's. They don't drive like new cars. If they haven't been fully restored then they're going to have flaws and leaks.

Last edited:

McBride

Adventurer
"Dutch, grow a pair and call me". You seriously posted that as the "sponsor" of this forum. That isn't very nice and probably wasn't a very good idea...

I used to use this forum to relate my G Wagen build and adventure exploits and see those of others... Not to see my fellow G brothers getting bashed... Has been happening quite a bit recently.. What's up Expo?

William

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
"Dutch, grow a pair and call me". You seriously posted that as the "sponsor" of this forum. That isn't very nice and probably wasn't a very good idea...

William

I just consider the source. At least he's not censoring or deleting posts to this forum - not yet, anyway.

If you look, he doesn't post on P3; and there's a probably a reason for that. :victory:

Mastodon4x4

I feel like you guys are missing the point. Dutch you're always making stabs at me and I'm not sure why. If you have an issue with me why don't you call and let's figure it out? All I'm saying is I feel like you'd rather just jump on a forum and bash me rather than call because forum bashing is the highlight of your life. I don't have as much time as you obviously to be on every Gwagon Forum. Better things to do. Wife to Love. Kids to raise. Trucks to build. Im sure you understand. Good luck.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Dutch you're always making stabs at me and I'm not sure why.

It's VERY SIMPLE. You screwed over at least one of my friends, as well as others I've heard about. I will continue to share this info in the Gwagen community.

Straighten up, fly right and be honest in your business dealings. As mentioned above, it will take much time; but your reputation will eventually clean itself up.

Nuff said!

kotton

5s4kkZ1.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles