Europa G320 at Mastadon...thoughts?

otiswesty

Regular guy
Looks nice and looks federalized for sure. The MPH speedo doesn't grow on trees around here, also the English owners manual is a rare bird as well.

It is a LWB version of my 1995 G320 which is a great truck. These model years tended to have issues with the engine wiring harness insulation breaking down. If it runs well, you should be fine, but ask if it has been replaced. If not, it will need to be done in the future (not an impossible job). I know owners that have done this DIY, mine was changed in Germany before I bought it.

zimm

Expedition Leader
hm. didnt know europas weren't CARB compliant. ida thought that was half their market.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Europa only used North America VIN's on their G500's. They all start with WDBEG, which most likely stood for Werk Daimler Benz Europa G.

rtg97229

I would run like hell from anything being sold by Mastadon rather you can register it or not. They specialize in G-Wagons that could not be sold elsewhere because of condition. G-Wagons are great trucks but when not taken care of properly they can become a money pit.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
I would run like hell from anything being sold by Mastadon rather you can register it or not. They specialize in G-Wagons that could not be sold elsewhere because of condition. G-Wagons are great trucks but when not taken care of properly they can become a money pit.

Word on another website is that they've physically upped and moved again. Running from something? CAVEAT EMPTOR!!

Last edited:

Mastodon4x4

Geez. Lease was up at our main shop we've been at for 4 years. Rent was going up to 5000 a month if we stayed. Building a new shop was the cheaper option . Been in this business 20 years. Not going anywhere. Still got the same phone number. 615-557-3825. Dutch - GROW A PAIR and call me.

Beater_Bimmer

Adventurer
Geez. Lease was up at our main shop we've been at for 4 years. Rent was going up to 5000 a month if we stayed. Building a new shop was the cheaper option . Been in this business 20 years. Not going anywhere. Still got the same phone number. 615-557-3825. Dutch - GROW A PAIR and call me.

What's going on with the website being down as well?

Vadimivanovich

It takes time to build a reputation... and much more time to rebuild one. If the countless negative testimonies of customers and near-customers aren't enough to steer people in the right direction, I don't know what is.

I've said it before elsewhere: Tim, I hope you find a way to survive and thrive in a way that is not at the expense of others. You could build a business to be proud of instead of a temple of shame. The choice is yours. I hate to think of what it will be like when this catches up to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles