Quality wheel spacers for Gen 3

Offroadmuch

Explorer
So I would like to probably run some wheel spacers on my 2003. It is the cheapest way to keep things hubcentric. Anyone have anything positive or negative I should know? I know that if I get junk from china they may not be strong or safe so I was planning on these:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/H-R-30mm-DRM-...%3Aea6be26815b0ab4d6c3d60a7fffd5906%7Ciid%3A1

30mm from 🇩🇪 Germany. 2.5" lift in front and will have 2.5" in rear soon. Going to run 255/85/16 or 285/75/16 soon. If I can get away with no rubbing I may skip them altogether. Thoughts?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
StokerExplosion is running 285/75R16 on stock wheels with spacers. I know that doesn't answer our question but he ran them without for a bit and I think he rubbed.

Offroad much, did you ever purchase and install the German-made spacers you reference above? And if so, how do you like them?

surfrig

Surfrig
I bought the Bloxsport hubcentric spacers for my 2004 Montero on Amazon. $230.99 , free shipping and I got them in less than a week.
They are nicely machined and anodized black.
35 mm x 67.1 center bore x 6x139.7 lugs.
Easy install with all hardware included.
I am running 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeak AT3 on the stock wheels. They fit fine without the spacers but definitely fill the wheel wells up better with them.
So far so good.
I am adding OME springs and Bilsteins next week. I hope the spacers are still big enough to look right to my eye.

mbialick

I bought the Bloxsport hubcentric spacers for my 2004 Montero on Amazon. $230.99 , free shipping and I got them in less than a week.
They are nicely machined and anodized black.
35 mm x 67.1 center bore x 6x139.7 lugs.
Easy install with all hardware included.
I am running 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeak AT3 on the stock wheels. They fit fine without the spacers but definitely fill the wheel wells up better with them.
So far so good.
I am adding OME springs and Bilsteins next week. I hope the spacers are still big enough to look right to my eye.
Did you have any rubbing with the 35mm spacers with 265/75r16 at stock height? And any photos? I was looking into that exact setup

surfrig

Surfrig
I didn't have any rubbing that I can remember but I only drove it a few days on road before I added the OME/Bilstein set up. The first pic is with the lift and the spacers. Second is before the lift but with the spacers.fullsizeoutput_62.jpegIMG_2205.JPG

surfrig

Surfrig
BTW I painted the stock wheels with Duplicolor matte black wheel coating and matte clear coat. I did about 5 coats of black and 3 of clear and it seems to be holding up well after a year.

mbialick

BTW I painted the stock wheels with Duplicolor matte black wheel coating and matte clear coat. I did about 5 coats of black and 3 of clear and it seems to be holding up well after a year.
Nice! Looks really good, did you go with the at3w tires in SL load rating or the E? If SL what’s your initial thoughts, mpg shift, ride quality? Sidewalks seem burly enough? I’m been looking on exact same setup

surfrig

Surfrig
I went with the sl (lighter) tires to try to preserve acceleration, mpg and a comfy on road ride. I think that it has worked very well. I don't rock crawl or load my truck very heavily so for (aired down) sand and wash board the sidewalls are fine. I run 30 psi on road and it handles great.

mbialick

I ended up getting the 265/75r16s SL rated as well and been quite happy. I'll be doing a lift in the future (OME) and was wondering with your 35mm spacers have you had to trim anything? I'm not worried about the trimming at full lock, looks easy, but wondering if i need to trim the inside of the fender flares for max compression? I'm between the 30mm spacer and 35mm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles