In search of camper, please help

czukie

Hey all,

I have a 3rd gen Tacoma, I am looking for a pop up camper that weighs less than 800-900 pounds (preferably of aluminum build). I have a budget of roughly $5,000.

Ideas I have considered:
-Flippac (new and old)
-Used FWC
-Creating a westfalia type pop up fabricated from a ladder rack or other base

My question is: does anyone have anything like this for sale, or be willing to help fabricate a camper of this design. Essentially I want a camper that can stay on year round if need be and is low profile.

Thanks

kerry

Expedition Leader
I think there's a used FWC for sale on an older Ford pickup in Western CO on the For Sale forum right now. Buy both, sell the ford truck.

Clutch

<---Pass
I have been keeping my eye on this camper, but availability is the bigger issue...

yeah once they get the prototype done and the bugs worked out...might be a while, but should be able to churn them out pretty quick.

I would look for a used Flip Pac, ATC or FWC for now, then when the time comes...decide whether or not to keep it or sell it when iggy's camper is ready for market.

Though if it were me for a year round camper, I would stick with a Flip Pac or Iggy's. My Wildernest stays on year round, nice to use it as a regular truck day to day, then camp mode on the weekends.

There is also the Roaming Chariot, I see them come up on CL every once and awhile.

13E84CB6-4389-42AC-89C7-DFABA235F14F_zpseferuzqf.jpg

newmexflippacker

Selling one of my Flip pacs

Last year, I had FRP build me a new Flippac to match my new trucks color. I have another still on my older truck that I am getting ready to sell...it's on a 1986 Nissan hardbody longbed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94