My M1079 Plan

Redman333

Adventurer
I'm in the same boat as the OP right now. Though we have committed to getting one and converting it. I am about to put our Land cruiser up for sale since it was just for camping and once we get the LMTV that will take the place of the cruiser.

To answer some questions people have about the engines. Yes the CAT engine parts are expensive. Not too much an issue for me since I can get parts at cost. Still higher but not as bad. Same with any sort of maintenance items such as brake and filters.

I will be looking for a 1999 I believe is the model year or newer. They are the newer 3126 electronic engines. Not sure when or if they went to the C7 but I believe when they did they added some of the emission parts to it and I don't think I want that either. May look into it still though if its easily removed. Would like as new and electronically controlled as possible without the complications of emissions components.

As for the pass through it can be done but you'll have to relocate the stuff behind the cab like the airbag, spare tire, and coolant reservoir. Can be done but something to think about. Also once thats done the box will need to be extended or moved towards the cab. This is not something I'll be doing personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online