Toyota Tacoma Group 31 Battery

aarcaris94

Okay So I am ordering a Pelfreybilt battery cage to hold a Group 31 Battery , but now I have to decide what battery to run. I ran a dual battery system with a red top optima and a blue top optima in my last rig, but this time I am trying to simplify to just one big battery. I found a good price on a Optima Blue top 31m battery but when compared to other similar batteries it seems low on Ah and reserve times. Anyone have experience with this battery or have any suggestions?

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
Okay So I am ordering a Pelfreybilt battery cage to hold a Group 31 Battery , but now I have to decide what battery to run. I ran a dual battery system with a red top optima and a blue top optima in my last rig, but this time I am trying to simplify to just one big battery. I found a good price on a Optima Blue top 31m battery but when compared to other similar batteries it seems low on Ah and reserve times. Anyone have experience with this battery or have any suggestions?

I highly recommend the X2Power SLI31AGMDPM.
-
I started a thread on Tacomaworld documenting my long-term experience with the PelfreyBilt battery cage + X2Power SLI31AGMDPM (Group 31). You're going to love the Group 31. I had a dual battery system in my previously owned Jeep Wrangler. It was nice, but expensive and complex.
-
The thread on Tacomaworld:
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...-31-battery-long-term-user-experience.454781/

Last edited:

john61ct

Adventurer
Is it for deep cycling, House bank, or just cranking/engine use? Regular winching?

Can't really recommend without knowing that at least.

aarcaris94

I highly recommend the X2Power SLI31AGMDPM.
-
I started a thread on Tacomaworld documenting my long-term experience with the PelfreyBilt battery cage + X2Power SLI31AGMDPM (Group 31). You're going to love the Group 31. I had a dual battery in my previously owned Jeep Wrangler. It was nice, but expensive and complex.
-
The thread on Tacomaworld:
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...-31-battery-long-term-user-experience.454781/

Thanks! I'll Have to check his out

Is it for deep cycling, House bank, or just cranking/engine use? Regular winching?

Can't really recommend without knowing that at least.

It's going to be a dual purpose so starting and running fridge, lights, compressor, and eventually winch but will likely rarely use it

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I found a good price on a Optima Blue top 31m battery but when compared to other similar batteries it seems low on Ah and reserve times.
Optima 31M specs are lower than Odyssey and Northstar 31M. Optima costs less, and is a bit lighter. Not all Optima Blues are dual purpose and the M designation just means the battery has an extra set of studs for accessories. The Optima Blues with the dark gray case are starting batteries (same as the Reds), while the Optima Blues with the light gray case are dual purpose batteries (same as the Yellows). Some dealers don't know the difference, so be careful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles