Brothers 100 series soon to be for sale.

hammerhome

Observer
Hi all,

Been on here a bit in the camper van section, but I told my brother I would help him sell his 100 series and I wanted to get some info from you all. I will check out ih8mud as well. Looking for some pricing guidelines.

Vehicle:
99 landcruiser, fully loaded with the few options that were available that year, rear locker, back seats, rear ac.

It's got just a little over 100k on it, all stock.
I will get more pictures, these are just some I had in my phone.
ef596f2aed931a0db3d8bf32bd10178b.jpg

8249be8395eb1dfd732a21c4261b5214.jpg

Interior is good, but front seats have ballistic nylon custom covers due to wear which is typical of these cars as you know. Paint is good, could use a wax but overall just some minor scratches that I saw last time I was visiting. Truly amazed that it's not been modified over the years, and having such low miles. My brother bikes to work, so he doesn't put that many miles on it. Also he was advised to keep it stock so that is what he's done for the years that he has owned it. All maintenance up to date, done before it was required including timing belt.

It's located in Southern California.

What is the range on one of these with this low miles? I've heard up to 15k. Any recent sales that you have heard of? He's going to take it to the land cruiser shop near him and get a ppi done to make sure there is nothing that's needs attention. New Michelin tires going on as well.

Thanks!
HH

gblakley

I bought mine last year. Same vehicle down to the color, looks to be about same condition as well. Mine had 140K and I got it for $9K.

I feel like I got a good deal, and the lesser miles could probably fetch you a bit more coin.

I would say list it for $12K and hope for the best. Good luck!

ekapel

There are many listed for sale all over so you should be able to get a good idea with some research. Condition and miles are what matter and most 100's have been ridden hard and put away wet. I looked for almost a year for a really good LC and finally found one on Craigslist LA, a one owner, garage kept 2005 w/55k for $32,000. It was a deal!

hammerhome

Observer
Thanks for the help. There are a few offers coming in, it's not yet for sale but I will keep everyone's contact info.

HH

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Good luck with the sale. It looks very good. I wish mine had 1/2 the miles that it has. Next time I would say don't waste your money (or purchasers) on new tires. It's 99% likely that whoever buys it will want something completely different than what you choose.

hammerhome

Observer
Good luck with the sale. It looks very good. I wish mine had 1/2 the miles that it has. Next time I would say don't waste your money (or purchasers) on new tires. It's 99% likely that whoever buys it will want something completely different than what you choose.

Thats what I tried to tell him, but he insisted. At least whoever buys it will have a good highway set they can use up.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Sometimes brothers just won't listen to reason! It does mean something that he wants it totally ready to go, and I appreciate that type of person. I wish I was in the market. It sounds like a good one.

I think '99s are the best year. Still have factory lockers, no AHC or nav, and best of all... still relatively cheap as everyone thinks you need the 5 speed auto (you don't). Mine cruises at 70 mph at around 2200 rpm. You might gain 1 mpg or so with the extra gear, but the $5,000 bump for the 5 speed will take 10 years to pay off at a 1 mpg saving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94