Special Midland Radio Offer For Expedition Portal Members

Ballbearing

Observer
Hey Midland, how about a promo extension? :agree:

I'm watching this thread in the hopes that another promo happens soon. I found this thread too late. I already have my technician license, but the family is completely uninterested in studying nor taking the test so this should be the next best thing.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I was just at a store that had 15 or 20 MXT-100s in stock... wondering if they will go on clearance or something; they aren't going to sell many at $139.99.

Not that I need another radio...

Last edited:

MidlandUSA

Supporting Sponsor
I'm watching this thread in the hopes that another promo happens soon. I found this thread too late. I already have my technician license, but the family is completely uninterested in studying nor taking the test so this should be the next best thing.

We are going to do another promo soon. Stay tuned!

Ballbearing

Observer
Excellent. Can you tell me how much advantage there is going from a 5 watt to a 15 watt radio? (I'm a licensed technician class HAM, but no real knowledge on this) Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MidlandUSA

Supporting Sponsor
Excellent. Can you tell me how much advantage there is going from a 5 watt to a 15 watt radio? (I'm a licensed technician class HAM, but no real knowledge on this) Thanks.

Power = Longer Range in transmission, the MXT115 also has repeater channels, Display color can be changed, USB Charging Port and still small enough in size to be mounted almost anywhere. If maximum range is something you are interested in I would look at upgrading the antenna and mount as well to either the 3dB or 6dB.

Ballbearing

Observer
I'm not necessarily looking for longer range, just acceptable for overlanding convoys and camping. Considering the form factor and flippable display it seems that the 5 watt model is adequate for my needs. I don't anticipate needing repeaters, however, the 15 watt model is tempting.

Last edited:

FJOE

Regular Dude
MXT105 all hooked up! Easy install and works great. Had to fab a mounting bracket off the Panavise mount for the mic hanger but no big deal. Now I have reliable trail comms, and I keep a spare Motorola MH230R in the glove box for whoever forgets their radio. Thanks for the killer deal Midland!

20170604_101349.jpg

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
For us folks that do not have these radios do keep us informed about how useful they are especially if travelling alone in the backcountry via repeater usage. I looked up my county and while there are repeaters in towns, few are located on our highest peaks.

prerunner1982

Adventurer
For us folks that do not have these radios do keep us informed about how useful they are especially if travelling alone in the backcountry via repeater usage. I looked up my county and while there are repeaters in towns, few are located on our highest peaks.

Probably won't find many GMRS repeaters in BFE, they are good for trail/convoy communication though.

Power = Longer Range in transmission, the MXT115 also has repeater channels, Display color can be changed, USB Charging Port and still small enough in size to be mounted almost anywhere. If maximum range is something you are interested in I would look at upgrading the antenna and mount as well to either the 3dB or 6dB.

Couple of questions:
1) Does the 6 dB antenna mate with the magnetic mount that comes with the MXT115?
2) What is the transmit power of the T70 series? I downloaded op manual but Tx power is not in the specs.

Thanks for the promo!

Last edited:

MidlandUSA

Supporting Sponsor
Couple of questions:
1) Does the 6 dB antenna mate with the magnetic mount that comes with the MXT115?
2) What is the transmit power of the T70 series? I downloaded op manual but Tx power is not in the specs.

Thanks for the promo!

1. The 6dB antenna will not work with the MXT115 base is is much smaller, you need to use the MXTA12 Magnetic Mount Base.
2. The T71 and T75 operate on high power at 2 Watts

No Problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles