1989 Defender 110 2.5 Turbo Diesel

TacThomas

1989 Defender 110 2.5 Turbo Diesel $35,000

Located near Seattle.

Link to pics on a google drive folder

Right hand drive, 5-speed manual transmission.
130,XXX miles
3,500 miles on new engine and less than 1,000 on transmission and t-case (details below) RUNS AMAZING.

I imported the truck to the states with help from Defenders NW in July 2016 with 120,320 miles on the clock when I took possession. The truck was in the UK from build date until it was imported to South Africa in 2010. The truck was in the general vicinity of Cape Town from 2010 until I purchased in 2016 and imported to the States. All import paperwork in hand (Uk > SA > USA). Clear Washington title. I’ve always dreamed of having a Defender and really like this truck, with 4 kids and a “fluid” employment situation, it does not make sense at the moment. I’m hoping there is a new ‘caretaker’ in the area looking for a sweet ride. People always ask about the RHD, I honestly no longer notice it except when doing a drive through at the bank or coffee shop; which is a rare occurrence for me. If you are constantly going to drive throughs, then it would be a PITA. (See expo article on RHD trucks.)

• Seats 8 with belts (3 in front row, three in middle row, two in load area)
  • 2” lift
  • Full length roof rack with rear ladder
  • Custom bumper and winch
  • Snorkel
  • Rear corner protection
  • Sliders
  • ARB 2500 Awning
  • Sunroof
  • Front bash plate
  • VIN: SALLDHMB7FA381155 (Land Rover VIN decoder)

The Good

• New drive train as of April 2017.
    Drive train swap was done at DefendersNW under the guidance/supervision/help of Brian Hall.
  • Rebuilt 2.5TD engine from Turner Engineering with less than 3,500 miles. The engine came from a guy who imported a cherry truck from the EU and then upgraded to a 200TDI. He paid for the Turner rebuild in the EU. There were under 3,000 miles on the engine when I installed and I’ve since put 700 on it.
    Rebuilt garrett turbo (same story as the engine)
  • New LT77 5-speed transmission purchased by me from Ashcroft Transmission. 700 miles
  • New LT230 transfer case purchased by me (Rebuilt by Ship’s Mechanical in Portland). 700 miles (High/Low range with center locking differential)

All new seats and seat belts:
  • Exmoor retrim kit for front seats (new foam and material)
  • Installed seat heaters in the front
  • Exmoor middle row (high-back sides, low-back middle)
  • Exmoor 3-man bench (installed two seat belts)
  • New anchor points and belts (front, middle and load area)

• New front shocks Old Man Emu (May 2016)
  • New radiator and lower radiator hose
  • New coolant expansion tank
  • Low mileage BFG KO AT tires
  • New LED headlights
  • Rewired the battery box and installed cutoff switch
  • New raptor binnacle (have a new binnacle mount on hand, just not installed)
  • New heater core
  • New LED external camp/spot lights
  • Installed bonnet (hood) noise insulation
  • New air filter
  • Led gauge lights
  • Rear door table
  • Salisbury rear axel

The not-so-good
  • Needs new front doors (the window channels are shot at the bottom and therefore the front windows do not roll down all the way. The rust is sufficient enough that new doors would be a good idea) Passenger side is the worst (see pic).
  • Door hinges are rusty. Either should be removed, and repainted or simply replaced. ($50/hinge)
  • Paint is not in great shape. Original color was red and that shows through in some places.
  • Rust on the outriggers and rear cross member. Could be either patched or replaced.
  • Passenger side front footwell has rust issues and should be patched or replaced.
  • Normal surface rust on the truck under carriage, some bubbling on body panels. Its a 25 yr old Defender.

Cashier Check or wire transfer only. No trades.

Last edited:

TacThomas

PRICE DROP to $32,500

Now $32,500.

Also installed a new slave cylinder this weekend. Great running rig that is turn-key ready for summer adventures.

TacThomas

Price drop to $28,500

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

Loober

Adventurer
No reason it's not, I have a 91 diesel 70 land cruiser that I registered in ca no problem. As long as it's 25 years old, it's older then 97 so no smog required, you're good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles