Poison Spyder bumpers

IPA

Observer
Anyone have Poison Spyder stuff? I know they mostly cater to the rock crawling crowd, but I've been looking for a bumper to replace my stock JK bumpers. I like the ARB and AEV ones, but they are so damn expensive.

The Poison Spyder JK Brawler full width looks promising. Good looking, and appears to be well made and sturdy, and it's a lot cheaper than the ARB or AEV ones. Same with the rear bumpers. The mid-width is even better looking, and a little cheaper and lighter, but I want to stick with full-width protection.

Any one in the overland crowd have experience with their bumpers or any of their other stuff?

PhulesAU

Explorer
I have the roll cage in my LJ, but I've never tested it. It fit like it was supposed to and looks good.

xbombtek

Observer
I had a bunch of PS armor on my TJ. Fit and finish was great. No complaints at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JKMikey

Observer
I have a brawler lite on my jeep. I like the look.

8483532850_2ea6a85fdb_c.jpg

Stoked

Observer
They make good stuff, but watch out for some Chinese knock-offs that are floating around out there.

I also like LoD Off Road. Similar price point.

Redline61

Observer
Only in the expedition world would PSC's products be the "budget" idea. It is pretty unreal how expensive bumpers especially have gotten. I had their side armor on my TJ back in the day and it was well made and very sturdy. The plus side to the rock crawling community driving the engineering of a product is they are a 1,000 times harder on their armor then anyone exploring the unknown would want to. My ARB front bumper on the Cherokee is a pos as far as strength goes. It has a bunch of dents and I have had to bend it back into shape a couple of times. It was used in ways it never should have been in the rock crawling world and I still think it is a great product.

FJOE

Regular Dude
I had their sliders on my Xterra. Powdercoat was great and the fit and finish was awesome.

Alphonse

Observer
I'm running some PS gear including rear bumper. Fit and finish very good I never had a fitment issue with anything from them for my JK or a buddies TJ we just outfitted with bumpers, sliders, etc.

I'll second the VKS recommendation I have a front bumper from them great worksmanship and value.

When I was shopping parts I also looked at Shrokworks based on recommendations but the waits were killer, guys waiting up to 6 months for parts. I was able to get VKS and PS parts in a couple days.

motorcycle matt

I have the VKS front bumper and Shrockworks rear, yes I had to wait two and a half months, but in their defense they build to order and I ordered it two weeks before Thanksgiving:) Worth the wait in my opinion. Excellent quality on both.

BCobe

Adventurer
Look online! Facebook market place, other forums, eBay, etc. See if they will utilize a Fastnel location to ship. I found my AEV locally for 300 bucks. Included skid plate and winch mounts. Downsides is it had some rust and a tube mounted to it for some lights. A little bit of painting and what not and it was good to go. Also had to order the mounting hardware but that was not much.

Tried to buy a full width JCR including tire carrier off of someone and it was like 100 bucks to ship via fastnel from Ohio to Maryland. He ended up selling it to another person.

Also, look for Hardrock stuff. I feel like you can find deals on those bumpers.

Just my 0.02

professorkx

Observer
I have the PS rear that I modified to hold other stuff.

Here is a picture after initial install with one Rotopax

Here is a picture of the PS rear after I built mounts for everything I want to carry on the back rack:

With the chainsaw mount I built:

PS rear has HUGE bearings, so will handle the extra weight. Looked at AEV and others before I settled on the PS rear. I like the AEV, but it offsets the tire, which I don't like.

I use the stock Rubicon X front bumper without the end pieces up front and added a bull bar. I also added a Warn winch mount that hides the winch behind the bumper.

I also use the the PS Bomb differential covers, as I damaged the stock rear cover in Moab. $100 a piece, so cheap protection that is indestructible. Bought them in black powder coat, then painted the spider Red to match the other accents on my Jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94