1st Gen X and weight. best suspension mods to be able to carry more than an Altima

bushnut

Adventurer
so far I've looked at Calmini, and Rough Country. neither post a payload capacity. unlike both IronMan and OME that I installed on my R50 that allowed about 400lbs over gvwr . I'm not necessarily looking for skyjaking the thing for Rock crawling I just want more than 980lbs of gear and people in my rig on a camping adventure. Any suggestions?

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
I'm 500lb over my GVRW with me in it with my tools. Last year I grabbed over 30 cinder blocks and put them into the X (sans tools). I could feel her leaning back but never bottomed out. I run a custom military wrap leaf on revolver shackles

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
A military wrap is having 2 main leafs; the second literally wrapping about the main leaf.

In the pics, a 5th leaf was added since.
w68CkM5.jpg

And changing the location of the shocks allows more and better flex, but sacrifices stability, but I don't really notice it, maybe in the winter, and especially no rear sway bar.
CRYi35C.jpg

bushnut

Adventurer
cool! i think further research will be done. I'm not a rock crawler. more of a Hunter, bush camping kinda guy. my truck needs to get me to the places that people arn't. I don't really off road for "fun". though don't get me wrong i do enjoy going places most other street vehicles don't even try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke