Which Group 31 AGM For Arkpak

bijanjames

Adventurer
Should I get a pure deep cycle or a deep cycle/starting battery for my unit. I would like to go as big as possible 130 amp hr. I like being able to have the ability to easily start my truck with the Arkpak if need be. Am I losing any capability from the battery going dual purpose?

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
I'm using a VMax 125AH AGM battery in mine, which is classified as deep cycle. Be aware that this manufacturer recommends a minimum 8A charger for a battery of this capacity. Not sure which ArkPak you have, but that could be an issue if you have discharged the battery deeply. The ArkPak's onboard charger might "time out" and start floating the battery before it has actually completed the absorption phase, leaving you less than 100% charged, which is bad for this type of battery.

bijanjames

Adventurer
I'm using a VMax 125AH AGM battery in mine, which is classified as deep cycle. Be aware that this manufacturer recommends a minimum 8A charger for a battery of this capacity. Not sure which ArkPak you have, but that could be an issue if you have discharged the battery deeply. The ArkPak's onboard charger might "time out" and start floating the battery before it has actually completed the absorption phase, leaving you less than 100% charged, which is bad for this type of battery.

I have the 730. Will charging DC to DC be sufficient?

NoahGenda

Adventurer
I use this guy but got it when it was on sale. I use a solar battery minder to keep on eye on charge, not too sure how the Arkpak works in that regard.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne