Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off Road Trailer build for my JKU

More progress today. Front welded into place. Cut the main deck and got that tacked into place. Wasn't the greatest of cuts but not bad with my grinder.

Long day of welding ahead for tomorrow and now to build the main box. Feel like a major hurdle was overcome finally.

Just got back from camping last night and excited to work on the trailer again. Did a lot of thinking of how to improve my kitchen layout when it pulls out and overall general use especially with a wife and kid. The best part was my wife actually enjoyed camping and wants to keep going and the kid had a blast.

Prior to leaving I installed the mopar 7 pin trailer harness because we borrowed a small camper from my aunt. got the harness from the dealer for 120. Took about an hour to install it. No computer flash needed.

Hoping to post some progress pics this weekend.

Great work! I love seeing your progress on this. Keep those photos coming!

So more rain delays, trip to Sesame Place and a walking pneumonia diagnosis, but got in two days of work and finally finished securing the deck down to the frame, got the tubes cut for the box and started welding down the box bottom. Weather forecast looks good for a few days so I am hoping I can get a lot more done.

Made some good progress today. Box all in place. Plan is to place all the supports tomorrow or sunday.

Very robust! Made to bounce off of things. I like where you're going with this.

Did you get the jacks locally or online? I need 3 for my built, but can't find them locally (Caribbean). Which make/model did you get?

Love your design and is coming along great!
    Tony

Current:
    1957 LR Series 1 3.9L V8
    1999 Disco II White Gold

Previous:
    1999 Disco II Rioja Red
    1994 RRC LWB
    1991 RRC SWB
    1995 RRC SWB
    1969 LR Series IIA NADA LWB

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer0863 View Post
    Did you get the jacks locally or online? I need 3 for my built, but can't find them locally (Caribbean). Which make/model did you get?

Love your design and is coming along great!
    Got them from Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Frame looks great! Very Turtlesque.. If i ever build a steel frame trailer i will do the same, obviously a good design!
    2013 CHEVY EXPRESS 3500 DIESEL
    1994 LANDCRUISER FZJ 80

Assuming you have serious medical background based on user name, so you probably know this, weld fumes and grinding dust can knock some people on their rears( I'm one of them) a good respirator with clean filters really helps. IIRC it's cadmium and chromium from the welding.

Build looks great, keep it up

Keith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast