A Nissan Frontier and FWC Fleet Build Out

Josh41

Adventurer
Nice, this is us the other day in MT.
83993c71a13863b66bf01e19542c1395.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ricer_X_01

Observer
Nice rig you have there... Seen it parked at Lake McDonald inside Glacier NP over the summer. Passed you the next day on Going to the Sun Road in my green Xterra.

Last edited:

Josh41

Adventurer
Thanks, that was us, what an amazing place, we spent about 5 nights in and around the park. We will definitely return. I see Photo Bucket is holding your pictures hostage too.

Ricer_X_01

Observer
My girlfriend and I have stopped there the last 2 summers in a row... we absolutely love it! Last year we were there mid June and the GTTSR was still closed so we had to go back to see it this year. We camped at Bowman Lake off of North Fork road and it was stunning. We even went for a dip in it. When we were there last year in June it wasn't peak season and let me tell you the difference 1 month makes is ridiculous! In June it was almost like having the whole park all to ourselves compared to this year at peak season.

And yes... I too hate Photobucket.

Last edited:

Josh41

Adventurer
My girlfriend and I have stopped there the last 2 summers in a row... we absolutely love it! Last year we were there mid June and the GTTSR was still closed so we had to go back to see it this year. We camped at Bowman Lake off of North Fork road and it was stunning. We even went for a dip in it. When we were there last year in June it wasn't peak season and let me tell you the difference 1 month makes is ridiculous! In June it was almost like having the whole park all to ourselves compared to this year at peak season.

And yes... I too hate Photobucket.
I wish we could get out in June, we are both teachers so we can only travel in July and August. Yellowstone in July was insane this summer. Next year we plan and wheeling around Colorado.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ricer_X_01

Observer
We've done a few of the big ones during peak season and I always compare it to an amusement park... almost sickening. We did the Alpine loop, stayed in Silverton, and Rocky Mountain NP last year. Colorado is our 3rd favorite state so far. We can't decide between Washington and Montana for number 1.

Josh41

Adventurer
A few from Glacier in late July.
82b390586e0d200426fcc8d28e59ed65.jpg
a5e634529aa29194d6196f48a1cbb9d1.jpg
65920aff5b47e0c4cce96d2269af63a8.jpg
121ded4f2e3fe0caff5e7b83d4ddd00f.jpg
7e5e47026a5c0bbe4bb5d1105076d8c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Josh41

Adventurer
I was able to put this together, Mass to Colorado last summer. I'll put some more of our trip together shortly.
[video]https://youtu.be/AvQw5zEy01A[/video]

WrongDirection

How does the Frontier handle off road with significant payload you are sporting? I'm thinking on putting a light weight camper on my modified 2010 Pro4x and hoping to be able still wheel into remote Colorado and Utah trailheads?

Josh41

Adventurer
My camper is a mere 660lbs. I know this sounds like a lot, but if you add up a full pick up rig, with cap, 2nd battery, drawers, and a roof top tent, you are not that far off.
I have resisted bumpers and sliders to keep the weight down. I am actually below GVWR if I don't bring too much crap.
I'm a slow and steady driver, so I don't have any issues, 40-45 on gravel, slow on rocks. We spent some time out west last summer including in CO, the video was on the Yankee Hill trail near Black Hawk if you know it.

WrongDirection

My camper is a mere 660lbs. I know this sounds like a lot, but if you add up a full pick up rig, with cap, 2nd battery, drawers, and a roof top tent, you are not that far off.
I have resisted bumpers and sliders to keep the weight down. I am actually below GVWR if I don't bring too much crap.
I'm a slow and steady driver, so I don't have any issues, 40-45 on gravel, slow on rocks. We spent some time out west last summer including in CO, the video was on the Yankee Hill trail near Black Hawk if you know it.

Thank you Josh. I'm gaining confidence regarding four wheeling to my favorite remote sites with a light popup camper and some more suspension modifications. Nothing better than having a great views from your camper window. Don't want to lose that!
Dry Creek, Sedona (6).JPG

I've mountain biked near Yankee Hill, beautiful area. Picture above is remote camping in Sedona Arizona.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles