Ideas/examples of what folks have done after removing back seats in extended/crew cab

Smoky

Observer
I'm planning to take an extended camping trip with my 2007 Silverado Classic 1500 Crew Cab later this summer and plan to remove the back seats. I'd be very interested in seeing examples of what folks have done with this space after removing their back seats. Would welcome pictures, as well as any wisdom acquired from doing this mod.

Many thanks, in advance...Smoky

NivekD

Roaming ROF
I've got an 07 Silverado extended cab, didn't take the seats out but I did build a platform. Love having a flat spot to put things.:wings:

DSC_0192_zpsurki483l.jpg

DSC_0193_zpsyscrlqvr.jpg

jtcym1149

Back seat bed. Depending on your height you could be ok just removing the door panels. I'm unfortunately too tall so my I boxed out the doors and the windows no longer go down. I stole the idea from the pickup truck hotshot drivers. 6" memory foam over plywood. Prior to this I had a truck camper and with a flat platform replacing the back seat I stored two mountain bikes back there. Just had to remove the front wheels and I bungied them down.

Attachments

• KIMG0214.jpg
    KIMG0214.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 90
  • KIMG0216.jpg
    KIMG0216.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 84

another_mike

Adventurer
Back seat bed. Depending on your height you could be ok just removing the door panels. I'm unfortunately too tall so my I boxed out the doors and the windows no longer go down. I stole the idea from the pickup truck hotshot drivers. 6" memory foam over plywood. Prior to this I had a truck camper and with a flat platform replacing the back seat I stored two mountain bikes back there. Just had to remove the front wheels and I bungied them down.
Where did you get the memory foam?

NJLDMM

I removed the bottom part of the rear seat and built a ply shelf with marine carpet.

Then added tie down points and a distribution panel.

Sorry for the last photo, I just took it earlier for this reply and it was super bright out.

Smoky

Observer
NJLDMM...nice, clean mod, especially the electrical hookup. That's what I have in mind, too. Where's your house battery mounted, and how did you get the wiring to the back seat?

Blender

Adventurer
UjsS3SFl.jpg

80/20 aluminum frame to hold whatever I need. Removing the cushion greatly increased road noise, but ymmv.

NJLDMM

SMOKEY,
The second battery (135 A/H AGM) and DC-DC charger are in the tub. It's the box above the wheel on the right.

A twin core wire runs back through the same hole as the supply feed then through a hole in the floor at the rear of the cab.

The distribution board was double the price as buying the individual outlets, however is nice and clean. I pulled the original cord out of it and upgraded as it was seriously small gauge. Apart from that I'm very happy with it.

Nick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles