Modular Otterbox ice chest claims 14 day ice

coastsifder

Modular OtterBox Cooler Touts ‘Ice For 14 Days’ - GearJunkie
https://apple.news/A6YujiRVbRJSQcuS1fw4cXA

d47303d994e75c4c95591dac0ed66493.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SigSense

Adventurer
Great, another entry into the cooler market. Patiently awaiting tests against Yeti, Pelican, Orca, etc.....

jCubed

Adventurer
I will say that Otterbox makes the best equipment in every segment they operate in. I used to work with them on getting into stores while I worked at AT&T and I've never seen a failure that was it related to usage issue.

Now with that said, they have a lot of competition in this segment currently and are a little late to the game.

I'm excited to see how they fair against the competition. Would love to get my hands on one of these once they are out as hopefully they will be competitive in the pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Happykamper

Explorer
Maybe there late to the game because of quality !! I dropped my phone off my tractor while dragging a brush hog. 4 blades cutting fields. And my phone. I must have gone over it 3-4 times. When I found it the ( otter box ) was badly damaged. Ahh but not the phone. The phone was good as new!!!

Roger M.

Adventurer
It's hard to tell in a photograph ... but the walls (and presumably the lid) of the Otter Box seem somewhat thicker than those seen on the premium competition.

I agree that Otter Box tends to dominate whatever field of design they enter ... so it will be interesting to get some real-world reports on this new cooler.

I like the modularity concept ... although the price point seems to be up in Yeti territory, which is a turn-off for some potential buyers.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I've never seen a failure that was it related to usage issue.
I have been using OtterBox cellphone cases and holsters for about eight years (on iPhones) and have never had a case failure nor phone damage. But, the belt/clip holsters have failed repeatedly, always replaced quickly under warranty. I like OtterBox stuff.

dms1

Explorer
Even if that was the best Ice Chest on earth, The handles on that cooler are the deal breaker for me, takes up too much room.

perterra

Adventurer
I have been using OtterBox cellphone cases and holsters for about eight years (on iPhones) and have never had a case failure nor phone damage. But, the belt/clip holsters have failed repeatedly, always replaced quickly under warranty. I like OtterBox stuff.

I switched to a Unicorn Beetle case, clips dont fail and the phone case is as good at 1/2 the price

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I switched to a Unicorn Beetle case, clips dont fail and the phone case is as good at 1/2 the price
Thanks. I'll have to take a look at those, because it's almost time for a new phone. My 4S turned into a total slug when I updated Apple's OS. Be nice if Apple would let us undo their OS "upgrades."

Happykamper

Explorer
The handles are a deal breaker because of room lol !!! Unless your driving a fiat 500 , perhaps the handles would not take up ( so much room ) if you weren't packing everything including the kitchen sink lol !!! Just saying :).....

jdayment

Observer
Looks very similar to the Pelican Coolers I switch my phone cases to the Pelican cases I feel they are a better design.

slowtwitch

Adventurer
Bummer on the handles.... I don't care about the rest of the cooler.... the handles are a deal breaker.'taint rocket science.

Roger M.

Adventurer
I suspect that the handles are designed such as to not reduce the wall thickness of the ends of the cooler, unlike most other brands that utilize some derivative of scooping out the ends to minimize the handles profile.

Scooping out the sides reduces thickness, thus insulation.

But it takes up more room obviously.
Guess you can't have "no profile" handles and 14 days of ice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94