2007 LR3 - my 10 yr build thread...

Jwestpro

Explorer
How retarded does someone have to be to send two completely different items on an order titled "left/right pair"?!

IMG_9920.jpg

With completely different part numbers one of which was not even on their item page.

Correct one matching Meyle website
IMG_9919.jpg

Incorrect
IMG_9921.jpg

Decline

interested in the part number on the rear bilstein and how difficult it was to swap the air spring. Why didnt you do the same on the front, and re-use the air spring?
Thanks

no-pistons

Adventurer
interested in the part number on the rear bilstein and how difficult it was to swap the air spring. Why didnt you do the same on the front, and re-use the air spring?
Thanks

Rear Bilstein 4600 shock: 24-136716

Front Bilstein 4600 shock: 24-136709

Front 4600 air strut module: 44-218669

Jwestpro

Explorer
Thanks
yes his post is what i got. The fronts are original and honestly it just seemed like a fine idea. Probably the air spring portion is no change in actual performance though. The rears I could get all the way apart so I put them back in for now.

I can say that dang the ride is nice now. Some bushings literally came apart in my hand while several were twistable just by hand. Now I get to sort out the nonsense that is created by putting in the 2" strut spacers....On the one hand it seems like good insurance to have them but on the other hand.... getting a stupid "grounding" warning and worse the automatic subsequent lifting is unacceptable.

New rear air springs are on the way to be combined with the dampers.
Part Number: 44-218669

Series: B6 4600 (Air)
Position: Front
Descriptor: Assembled Module
Quantity Per Vehicle: 2

Jwestpro

Explorer
Why don't any of the videos I watched tell you that the front axle retaining nut is 36mm while rear is 32mm?! Even Atlantic British video only mentions 32mm from what I recall...

I just happened to have bought a new set of Proto USA impact 1/2" drive sockets that goes up to 36mm. Also helps to have a 3/4" impact wrench with 1500lb-ft ;)

New brakes on and rolling first time in couple weeks.

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Yes the V6 sized rotors and carriers. I'll try to post to you the part numbers tonight just for comparison. Factory "genuine" carriers I think.

I bought factory LR V6 kit.....after seeing yours, I'll wait for updates on offroading with cross and slotted rotors. If you love them with no issues, it will surely be the next set up when I burn these up on my heafty V8...lol

Looks great!

Jwestpro

Explorer
Fun times...IMG_0361.jpg

Replacing the overflow/vent tube : IMG_0359.jpg

Fairly annoying but not too involved if fender liner is already out and you have a standard system for safely blocking the vehicle up high for access.

Long Ranger uses SAE?! 9/16 mount bolts. glad I got a 1/2" impact socket set and full range combi wrench set:/

IMG_0368.jpg

Driveway shop not so bad when you can count on 60 days no rain ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles