Anyone lift a tent trailer?

jp0863

Observer
Has anyone on here lifted a full size tent trailer for off road use? As I ponder my off road camping future it popped in my head. I realize they're a bit on the wide side, but my off road travel rig is a full size Dodge Ram 3500 srw. How about a full size Coleman style tent trailer with some long leaf springs and about 6 inches or more of lift (including tires)

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
I lifted my Jumping Jack tent trailer so I could put a 30 gallon water tank under it also for some light off road travel. It has a very low center of gravity even with the six inch lift.

Has anyone on here lifted a full size tent trailer for off road use? As I ponder my off road camping future it popped in my head. I realize they're a bit on the wide side, but my off road travel rig is a full size Dodge Ram 3500 srw. How about a full size Coleman style tent trailer with some long leaf springs and about 6 inches or more of lift (including tires)

Done all the time, from spring over axle lifts, to full on linked systems. Look at the Popup portal, the main site for Popup campers. There's an off-road mods section. Yes they are wide, and break over is terrible, but you can get a lot done with a Popup.

bumpintheroad

I did a SOA conversion on my 1977 Coleman Valley Forge to fit bigger tires and gain clearance. Nearby trailer shop did it for $150, IIRC they had to cut off the stock spring perches and weld new perches on the top of the axle so the bend was still facing up. Gained around 5" with just the spring over conversion and never bothered to upgrade to bigger tires before I sold it.

Cedo Nulli

Observer
Did a leaf over on my Manley...matched the lift on the jeep almost perfectly and I run matching 35s on the trailer so everything is interchangeable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke