Temperature Monitoring

Hi all. I'm looking for a temperature monitoring solution that enabled me to see the temperatures of the storage bays, battery compartment, interior, exterior... any recommendations?

javajoe79

Fabricator
basic thermocouples and displays or automotive gauges installed to read those areas. Mcmaster has tons of temperature monitoring equipment.

basic thermocouples and displays or automotive gauges installed to read those areas. Mcmaster has tons of temperature monitoring equipment.

Got it.

So something like the Thermocouple Probes for Air, installed throughout the coach, wired back into the interior, should work?

javajoe79

Fabricator
That is what I was thinking. They sell the converter and display too. You could probably wire several sensors through a selector switch to display on one display

That is what I was thinking. They sell the converter and display too. You could probably wire several sensors through a selector switch to display on one display

Interesting. I want to make sure that the temperature of all sensors is displayed at the same time - so I can quickly see what the temperatures are throughout the coach. The battery compartment and the compartment with the tanks are the most important of course.

The thermocouples, do they have a problem with longer cables/wiring?

Back in the day,, I installed alot of temperature monitoring. Temp-alert was a simple & inpensive brand.
As I understand, Now days those sensors are available wireless, can display multiple points on superphone & tablet 'apps.

Yea, they are just hard to find. And I'm not a big fan of having things displayed on my phone or tablet. I think I'll permanently mount a Android tablet in the unit just for temperature measurements. It gets really cold here in the winter and we need the bays above 0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier