Anybody seen these CONQUEROR Trailers ?

SamM

Adventurer
The Conqueror UEV310 would tow perfectly behind my Jeep Wrangler 2-door. I seriously considered one last year, but I have no use for the huge tent that comes with it. I asked if I could buy it without the tent but in the US it comes as a package. The tent is just too big and cumbersome for me. After selling my RTT, I swore that I would never get into that kind of setup and tear down again. A hardside Alu-Cab would go on mine.

SamM

sendkcone

That's the tent that's tempting me the most. Would be a nice setup for sure. You could even carry bikes or boats on top. The Patriot x2 could work there.

SamM

Adventurer
The Alu-Cab is a great setup. I checked it out at the Expo East last year. It fits perfectly with my planned trailer. Still saving for one.

SamM

Happykamper

Explorer
I like the Conqueror!!! I like the price as well!!! Because the price keeps me from buying another toy I can't use lol !!!
Honestly these trailers look like something out of a science fiction movie command center . I thought I paid to much for my AT chaser and had too many options on it!!! But the conqueror tops it by a ton!!
Just my .02 !!
I'm sure those that have these love them!!

JCDriller

Adventurer
I'm not following the logic very well here. I looked at both brands and there are two different concepts. The Conqueror 440/490 are more of a cabin style trailer where one can sleep behind hard walls if necessary, and accommodate big families fully deployed. They are much larger than the Patriots. The 390 is a tent style trailer similar to the Patriot X1. Those two would seem to be the units to compare as I found nothing at Expo comparable to the 440/490 (they've got that niche all to themselves it would appear).

The X1 would top my list too if I wasn't going to buy one, but a $13k premium makes the 390 look like a serious value to me.

I felt the same way about the patriot vs 490 argument, but without having seen them in person I couldn't make the argument.

Capercrew02

Observer
The argument really comes down to priorities, how important is sleeping in Hard wall? The 490 only offers one bed in hard walls without folding out a bed tent. If your main priority is just sleeping in a hard wall, with the option of extra beds, intech rv would take the win for price and open space. My logic changed when I saw them both, I realized kitchen layout, easy awning deployment, and fit and finish were just as important if not more so than just having hard walls to sleep in. Everything except having one bed in hard walls, I found all the other priorities went to the patriot. Ease of setup was the same or better with patriot.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
The argument really comes down to priorities, how important is sleeping in Hard wall? The 490 only offers one bed in hard walls without folding out a bed tent. If your main priority is just sleeping in a hard wall, with the option of extra beds, intech rv would take the win for price and open space. My logic changed when I saw them both, I realized kitchen layout, easy awning deployment, and fit and finish were just as important if not more so than just having hard walls to sleep in. Everything except having one bed in hard walls, I found all the other priorities went to the patriot. Ease of setup was the same or better with patriot.

For the $$$$ I would suggest that both Hiker/Lead Dog and IntechRV offer pretty good value for a hard wall sleep-in trailer.

For that matter so would a bare-bones Cargo Craft 5x8 that you still have to add everything else to yourself - http://www.trophytrailerstx.com/201...OADDOUBLE DOOR_New Braunfels_TX_268180088.veh

But I wholeheartedly agree with you that it all depends on the buyer's priorities.

:beer:

looking for a Conqueror 490 to rent for a 3 to 4 week trip
any info would help
my contact info

Cesar Fuentes
614 3120737

thank you all in advance

Capercrew02

Observer
Switawi, you couldn't be more right on that. It's why I bought a leaddog trailer instead of waiting who knows how many years till I could afford a conquer or patriot.

I felt the same way about the patriot vs 490 argument, but without having seen them in person I couldn't make the argument.

I went to the Overland Expo West and looked carefully at the Patriot and Conqueror. In my opinion, the Patriot (X1) is a higher quality product than the Conqueror UEV 390 (the x1 and 390 are comparable from a functionality view). One guy I spoke with, who has a lot of bush experience, indicated that I will not like the RRT design on these trailers. The removal and reinstall of the tent cover will be unhappiness because of the mass of dust collection (I live in the SW - major bull dust). Between the two, the Conqueror has more stuff but is not the same build quality. So if bells and whistles are of interest, the Conqueror is better. If things like construction (aluminum rivets verses SS rivets), the quality of the canvass and how the tent is made are more important, then the X1 may be a better choice. I have decided to eliminate the Conqueror at this point and leaning away from the Patriot because of the soft cover on the RRT configuration. Now if Patriot offered a hard shell cover (like the kamperoor or Kimberley), you would be better able to control dust ingress, would be even quicker to set up and would have a hard floor - all things I consider beneficial from my view.

I am shifting my focus to the Kimberley Kamper. I have not seen the Kimberly Kamper first hand but, it is clear that Bruce Loxton and his team, who has been building these rigs for many years, takes the view on design that I can embrace. If you don't buy his camper, you may benifit from reading all of his ebooks. I find that I am better able to look at a trailer, how it is built, the functionality of features and how they are integrated, after reading his stuff. Bruce was able to build an "equivalent" Kamper to the X1 for less than the X1. I felt like the Kamper addressed some of my concerns with the x1, it offers more utility, yes - it is a bit bigger than the x1 but the quality appears to be sound.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles