Anybody seen these CONQUEROR Trailers ?

rodrage

Adventurer
Probably the best line-production units made. They've been in the trailer game for decades. Started with military units. I leased one in Australia for a couple months. You will wear out long before they do. VERY pricey, but everything is now-days.

JCDriller

Adventurer
I was looking at the build sheets and a 440 or 490 Extreme isn't much more than a fully built SoCal or Moby1. I certainly like that they are all metal. We were set on a built SoCal, but now I'm taking a hard look at these guys. They are based out of Ohio, not too far from us.

Capercrew02

Observer
I've lusted after these for years! Just got to crawl and spend some time in them at overland expo. My reccomendation is spend a lot of time with one before you buy. They are good trailers, but the more time I spent looking at them, the more I realized everything I thought I'd love from pictures just didn't appeal to me in person. I was let down a bit with them. On the other hand, patriot campers just announced they are coming to the us market, they had their trailers at the expo, I thought I would NEVER want that style trailer, and then spend 3 hours no kidding looking it over. ABSOLUTELY AMAZED at the fit, finish, and innovation of their trailers. If I ever leave my off-road hiker trailer for an Aussie trailer, patriot will now be getting my money, not conquer. Not saying conquer doenst make a good trailer, I just felt very cramp in their trailers, even more than in my teardrop. I felt they were trying to do too much in too small of a space. The other issue with conquer is the weight, their trailers are incredibly heavy, so be wise with what tow vehicle you'll use.

Silverhorse

Adventurer
The Patriot campers are awesome as well. I have watched many of their videos.. :drool: Sound advise, I need to make a trip to expo east...

JCDriller

Adventurer
I've lusted after these for years! Just got to crawl and spend some time in them at overland expo. My reccomendation is spend a lot of time with one before you buy. They are good trailers, but the more time I spent looking at them, the more I realized everything I thought I'd love from pictures just didn't appeal to me in person. I was let down a bit with them. On the other hand, patriot campers just announced they are coming to the us market, they had their trailers at the expo, I thought I would NEVER want that style trailer, and then spend 3 hours no kidding looking it over. ABSOLUTELY AMAZED at the fit, finish, and innovation of their trailers. If I ever leave my off-road hiker trailer for an Aussie trailer, patriot will now be getting my money, not conquer. Not saying conquer doenst make a good trailer, I just felt very cramp in their trailers, even more than in my teardrop. I felt they were trying to do too much in too small of a space. The other issue with conquer is the weight, their trailers are incredibly heavy, so be wise with what tow vehicle you'll use.

Did they have a 490 there? I can see the 440 feeling small but the 490 has a king size bed/dinette Plus a queen size fold out. Thats likely where we would wind up. I like the Patriot trailers, but we've done the roof top tent deal before and since we like to travel every day, I don't want a big set up or tear down. I likely will rarely use any kind of walled awning that comes with the conqueror trailers, they look too complicated. I'll probably go with a Alu-cab awning so it won't even need legs.

Do you have any more specifics on what you didn't like?

Capercrew02

Observer
Jc driller, they did have the 490, the 490 is actually the one that felt MOST cramped to me. And I also used to think "I would never buy a tent trailer, I hate stakes, guy ropes, setup and tear down... etc. what I realized looking at them though, the conquer takes MORE setup and tear down time, personally I find it to be a less open and usable setup. They were both fully setup in booths 15 feet apart from another, and I realized the patriot would be EASIER for one night stays, AND more functional for multi day stays. The patriot tent with king bed sets up in 2 minutes, with no fuss, no stakes. Ended, no poles, no guy ropes. If you want to climb in the conquer and convert the dinette to a bed, that's more than a 2 minute process, a process that involves gathering the bedding frame from about 4 places, all while doing an awkward shuffle in a cramped trailer. Then you still can't stand up in it unless you pop the roof open, which is another minute or two. And on and on. First day Looking around I spent about 5 minutes at patriot, and then 30-40 minutes or more at all the conquer models. Got to the 440 and 490 thinking "this is my dream trailer" and the more time I looked and talked to the guy, the less I liked it.(I actually feel that the 440 is a more usable and less cramped trailer than the 490) So many of their "best features" are just a big hassle. The next day, I went and started looking at the patriot, taking to the owner, and every reservation I had for a "tent" trailer went out the window. This IS NOT a rtt tent trailer. It's something totally different and quite in believable. My entire opinion changed in those 24 hours, and really, just about the 1 hour I spent pouring over the patriot.

JCDriller

Adventurer
Jc driller, they did have the 490, the 490 is actually the one that felt MOST cramped to me. And I also used to think "I would never buy a tent trailer, I hate stakes, guy ropes, setup and tear down... etc. what I realized looking at them though, the conquer takes MORE setup and tear down time, personally I find it to be a less open and usable setup. They were both fully setup in booths 15 feet apart from another, and I realized the patriot would be EASIER for one night stays, AND more functional for multi day stays. The patriot tent with king bed sets up in 2 minutes, with no fuss, no stakes. Ended, no poles, no guy ropes. If you want to climb in the conquer and convert the dinette to a bed, that's more than a 2 minute process, a process that involves gathering the bedding frame from about 4 places, all while doing an awkward shuffle in a cramped trailer. Then you still can't stand up in it unless you pop the roof open, which is another minute or two. And on and on. First day Looking around I spent about 5 minutes at patriot, and then 30-40 minutes or more at all the conquer models. Got to the 440 and 490 thinking "this is my dream trailer" and the more time I looked and talked to the guy, the less I liked it.(I actually feel that the 440 is a more usable and less cramped trailer than the 490) So many of their "best features" are just a big hassle. The next day, I went and started looking at the patriot, taking to the owner, and every reservation I had for a "tent" trailer went out the window. This IS NOT a rtt tent trailer. It's something totally different and quite in believable. My entire opinion changed in those 24 hours, and really, just about the 1 hour I spent pouring over the patriot.

hmm, interesting. I'd love to see them both in one place, we may have to make the next expo. I assumed the conqueror would be faster to set up, we'd likely travel with the dinette already set up as a bed and only utilize the fold out queen for longer stays, treating it like a teardrop while still using the pop up roof.

Also, it's not the set up of a RTT that I hate, it's packing it all away! However, I imagine it's a world easier when not on a lifted JKU with 35s.

Silverhorse

Adventurer
I'll more than likely go with UEV-310 just because of our budget. Cheapest option by far... wonder if I can get 33" tires on it ? seems they all come with 245/70's

dstock

Explorer
After seeing both the Conqueror and Patriot trailers at ExpoWest, the Patriot gets my vote hands down. I use to be a huge fan of the Conqueror trailers, after seeing them in person and then looking at the Patriot, everything on the Conqueror looks like an afterthought. Way too much setup, super dark inside, just messy looking. Frankly, I was pretty disappointed with them. The Patriot is so well thought out and clean in it's design by comparison, it's not even a contest between the two.

I'm not in the market for a new trailer, but if I was, no question the Patriot would be at the top of my list.

Capercrew02

Observer
Silverhorse, if your looking at the 310 and like the tent in trailer design, but are price conscious, patriot is releasing a custom tent like they have on the X1, for the x2 in the next month to month and a half. They already have it designed and are just lining up final production. I would hands down go that rout over a conquer 310

Silverhorse

Adventurer
Silverhorse, if your looking at the 310 and like the tent in trailer design, but are price conscious, patriot is releasing a custom tent like they have on the X1, for the x2 in the next month to month and a half. They already have it designed and are just lining up final production. I would hands down go that rout over a conquer 310

Thanks, Is it on their website? The X2 is still base priced at 23K without many options by the time you add options the Patriot pricing is way up there........

sendkcone

I'm not following the logic very well here. I looked at both brands and there are two different concepts. The Conqueror 440/490 are more of a cabin style trailer where one can sleep behind hard walls if necessary, and accommodate big families fully deployed. They are much larger than the Patriots. The 390 is a tent style trailer similar to the Patriot X1. Those two would seem to be the units to compare as I found nothing at Expo comparable to the 440/490 (they've got that niche all to themselves it would appear).

The X1 would top my list too if I wasn't going to buy one, but a $13k premium makes the 390 look like a serious value to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94