SOLD: 4X4 Mercedes Benz 1017A Overlander truck

Tufcity

Hi From BC

I see by your thread you were in Calgary. Any chance you maybe headed out to Vancouver Island or even Vancouver for that matter?

Cheers

Simon

BobW2100

Any idea how to go about importing to US?

"Cannot sell the truck in the US (got it here on a temporary import), so sale will have to be in Canada, and the buyer will have to take care of import into the US."

Hi, I'm interested, but only if I can import it into the US. Any idea how to go about that, or if it is even feasible with this truck? I know that there are plenty of rules, duties, and such. I even read on the US customs website that on trucks it is 25% duty, though could find nothing on whether an RV is treated as a truck or car (especially when the 'RV' is custom built on a truck chassis). And there was an RV in Europe that looked great but the broker said the emissions wouldn't pass US so couldn't import.

Thanks,
Bob

snowfall2009

Observer
I see by your thread you were in Calgary. Any chance you maybe headed out to Vancouver Island or even Vancouver for that matter?

Cheers

Simon
Simon,
We actually left Calgary this morning on our way to Vancouver, planning to get there Mon or Tuesday next week, and then to Vancouver Island

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

snowfall2009

Observer
"Cannot sell the truck in the US (got it here on a temporary import), so sale will have to be in Canada, and the buyer will have to take care of import into the US."

Hi, I'm interested, but only if I can import it into the US. Any idea how to go about that, or if it is even feasible with this truck? I know that there are plenty of rules, duties, and such. I even read on the US customs website that on trucks it is 25% duty, though could find nothing on whether an RV is treated as a truck or car (especially when the 'RV' is custom built on a truck chassis). And there was an RV in Europe that looked great but the broker said the emissions wouldn't pass US so couldn't import.

Thanks,
Bob

See this link here:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/de...c-or-antique-vehicles-/-cars-for-personal-use

For cars over 25 yrs you get EPA and DOT exemption, and duty is 2.5%

I have PMed you with some more info.

Snowfall

Thanks,
Bob

offroadsammy

Curious as to when you are leaving the island and where you might be heading.I just had a truck sell before I could buy and would like a look at yours please.I am in the fraser valley in Abbotsford.

snowfall2009

Observer
Hey offroafsammy, thanks for your interest in our truck. We actually took the ferry to Prince Rupert on Monday, and we are now in Stewart BC.
PM or email me to snowfall2009 at gmx.com if you want more info or want me to get you some more pictures.

snowfall2009

Observer
Picture taken today on the road from Hyder AK to Salmon Glacier
58e1c52ba384eb6e6e77b859e4ec69d1.jpg

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
From Chip's link: "Motorcycles, off-highway vehicles, and diesel-powered vehicles cannot be converted to California emissions standards at this time. Therefore, they cannot be registered in California unless they were originally manufactured to meet U.S. and California emissions standards."
Caveat emptor!

snowfall2009

Observer
Yes, correct! We were in Whitehorse a few days ago. We then drove down to Skageway, then ferry to Haines, and drove up to Fairbanks, which is where we are now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles