adjusting headlights on my 2005 suburban z71?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
what adjusters do what? I moved what I thought was the height adjuster but it's seemed not to help....which one is the height adjuster..

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Of course there's a left right screw and an up down screw. Sometimes the mechanism is a bit frozen and some penetrating spray and light pressure can help.

You have the headlight assembly that pops out all one unit after you slide up a couple tabs right? You could pop it out and look at what does what. When I adjusted my blazer lights I adjusted the wrong screw the first go. It seemed counter intuitive to me.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Of course there's a left right screw and an up down screw. Sometimes the mechanism is a bit frozen and some penetrating spray and light pressure can help.

You have the headlight assembly that pops out all one unit after you slide up a couple tabs right? You could pop it out and look at what does what. When I adjusted my blazer lights I adjusted the wrong screw the first go. It seemed counter intuitive to me.

I can't recall off the top of my head which is which. There's lots of youtube vids about it. And it should be in the manual.

Just looked, section 12 dash 15 in the haynes manual. The top holes inboard closest to the radiator is the side to side adjustment. The top holes outboard and rearward towards the fenders are the up-down tilt.

And I repeat my earlier topic posting about making sure the headlight socket is properly threaded / engaged or it will skew the headlight beam so much that no amount of adjustment will get it where you want it.

kojackJKU

Theres a good reason mine never adjusted up then. I adjusted the wrong one! ha ha.....I am putting new bulbs in too...then adjusting the lights! keep ya informed....thanks!

kojackJKU

Well....it really works better when you adjust the right one....have the light up much better on the "wall test". I am waiting until it's dark out and give them a test. I need to install new bulbs....Anyone try the LEDS In the burbs?

ChevyPit

Observer
I have LED on a 97 suburban and on a 2000 Yukon XL, the 35Watts, 3600 lumen per bulb, 6000K, and they light really good.
I come from using HID Xenon and think LED light a little brighter.
A lot depends on how much UV burnt are your headlights.
On AMAZON: Win Power 9006(HB4) LED Headlight CREE Bulbs Conversion Kits + Canbus (1 Pair)-2 Year Warranty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94