Jeep JL LJ

chadwicksavage

Adventurer
Is there any hope or news of the 2018 wrangler coming in a 2 door long wheelbase version? Has anyone heard anything in all their interwebs musing?

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
Negative. However, yesterday Exploration Outfitter's new American Safari JXL was shown off by TrailRecon from Overland Expo. They bolted an 18" extension to the rear of the JKU, so theoretically it'd work for the JK 2-Door as well. - This would give you the JKL you're wanting.

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
Its not going to happen. Of course you could go custom and have one of these beauties made

2uq2kg8.jpg

Jurfie

Adventurer
Its not going to happen. Of course you could go custom and have one of these beauties made

2uq2kg8.jpg

I love those. People have been stretching TJs into TJ-6s for years, and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before a kit for the JK is on the market.

chadwicksavage

Adventurer
But it would need a different top, that gazelle top won't fit a 2 door jk that I can find. Or am I missing something on their site?

Jurfie

Adventurer
Alright then...approximate cost on the tj-6 stretch? Also why do that when you can just search for a tju?

Not sure, as I haven't done one. And other than the conversion available here: https://jklwrangler.com, I haven't seen anywhere else that does it, nor have I seen a kit that stretches the body. BTW, the JKL conversion costs $12.5k.

The TJ-6 has a longer wheelbase and shorter rear overhang than an LJ (TJU). Plus clean LJs are getting harder to find for a reasonable price.
tj6011-4-1.jpg

But it would need a different top, that gazelle top won't fit a 2 door jk that I can find. Or am I missing something on their site?

Ah, well you didn't state you wanted to put the Gazelle top on it. For that, you'd need a JKU and convert it to a 2-door using the Mopar or GR8tops JK8 conversion kit (about $6k).

chadwicksavage

Adventurer
Oh I don't care about the gazelle. I just thought they came together and had to be used together. So the tj-6 above appears to have a stretched body? Do they just cut the body in half and weld in a section from another tub?

Jurfie

Adventurer
Oh I don't care about the gazelle. I just thought they came together and had to be used together. So the tj-6 above appears to have a stretched body? Do they just cut the body in half and weld in a section from another tub?

Here's the write-up about one that was done by a guy local to me: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/108-tj-tj6-1125818/ (I hope the mods don't mind me posting another forum, but I haven't seen a write-up on ExPo).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne