Kargo Master W/Congo Cage, Front Runner Slimline, or Gobi...Discuss

spagthorpe

Observer
I climbed around on a Congo Pro rig this past weekend, and I was very impressed with how sturdy it is. I liked a lot of things about it, strong attachments, handles, etc. It's troubling when you can find virtually nothing about it online. Next to nothing in the way of reviews, and barely any mentions on a number of forums I read. Cheap too.

I have a new Rhino Rack sitting in the garage. The internal frame, along with a Pioneer Platform. After climbing around on the Congo Pro, it's made me question going medieval on the hard top. It's really made me wonder how sturdy the RR is by comparison. I mean, I could grab hold of the Congo, foot on the tire, and hoist my 200+lbs up, and zero movement. Do I trust the Pioneer platform to be that kind of sturdy? I have no idea. I know I dread installation day for the Rhino though. I didn't realize I was going to have to pull the hard top to install it, as I don't have that kind of setup....no garage, hoist, limited help.

On the plus side, I'm sure the Rhino is a lot quieter, and probably won't affect mpg like the Congo would.

akpostal

Adventurer
Ive got the Rhino Rack Back Bone with the Vortex Bars. Ild have no issue climbing up there with the Pioneer Rack, Im 260 pounds. Their rep Robert said you can actually hoist the top from the Back Bone System, not sure I would but was assured I could.

I pulled the top by myself for the install but needed help getting the top back on. My back isnt what it used to be. It could be installed with the top on the Jeep but would be a bit of a hassle and maybe need two people and a ladder.

I have a Fish Cat Panther up there without an issue, its a solid system for me. Ill be adding lights and a Fox Wing Eco to it soon, and use it to haul my monoskis in the winter. If my back could take it Ild have no problem putting a tire up on the rack.

My rack whistles but I didnt install all the rubber inserts. I have tinnitus so I hear ringing anyway.

18623345_696169930581340_776078655268094022_o.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94