Back country explorer. Topo USA questions

So I went to expo. With my son missed what I really wanted to see and instead went exploring with my son. He had an app on his phone called Topo USA it tracked us every where we went and the accuracy was really really good. So I bought the app. Installed it on my tablet which is not tied into cellular service strictly a stand alone gps his android based phone always had us located to within 10 feet of matter how far out we were I am pretty sure we were outside of cell service when we were 25 miles off the i40 at the sycamore canyon overlook. Still his phone had us located and tracked us. When I tried to follow my route home on the freeway it tracked me but didn't load maps. I can't figure out why the app says that all topo USA maps are preloaded. I have the same problem with back country explorer I know on that program you have to preload everything which sucks. I want to be able to just go and know I have a map available. Does anyone understand why My tablet is a 10 inch Lenovo with a ton of memory

actually I made a mistake the app name is US Topo maps not topo USA. but the problem remains the same there is no map but it tracks me Any suggestions I have fiddle with the zoom and all sorts settings the picture is a screen shot form my sons phone

Attachments

• topo usa screen shot .jpg
    topo usa screen shot .jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online