Need help with my 2005 rear bumper

Tundraguy81

Observer
So I had some issues backing up and hit a pole!!! It's damaged the drivers rear tail light and bumper. The tail light is done and the bumper is ripped pretty bad. My problem is I am having a really hard time finding parts. I called Mitsubishi today and they quoted me on a rear bumper that they claimed was already painted silver for $445. Has anyone ever order a prepainted bumper from the dealer? And also does anyone know where to get an aftermarket rear bumper for a decent price?or used in good shape?

KyleT

Explorer
They only come prepainted. I've been on the hunt for a tan one form my 06 for a year and a half. Don't want to pay prepainted price then pay to paint.

Aftermarket ones I've seen on trucks fit like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tundraguy81

Observer
I gotcha. I ended up ordering 1 from the dealer supposedly already painted silver for $440. So hopefully it'll be good to go on the Montero. I miss driving it.

PacS14

Adventurer
$440 for a bumper already painted from Mitsubishi sounds like a good deal to me if it's the color code of your vehicle; just think about the money you would have to pay to have it painted at "x shop" and that unless you know them and they are hooking you up, cheap paint jobs do not have the same quality as a factory paint job. Good luck and report back on the results and post some quality pictures to help our fellow board members in the future.

Tundraguy81

Observer
It does sound like a good deal. Almost to good to be true.im kinda skeptical about it. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm thinking it's just going to be primed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier