FS: 2000 Silver Limited 4Runner, 81k miles w/ elocker

Loubaru

Adventurer
***SOLD TO A GREAT NEW OWNER YESTERDAY****

I’m selling my silver 2000 limited 4Runner with ~80.3k miles on it. I bought this 4Runner about 4 years ago at ~63k miles and have put less than 5k miles a year on it. I have another vehicle my work provides me so between that and my wife’s car we didn’t drive it much. It was mainly used it to haul material for our house remodel, my projects, long road trips, and camping. There is nothing wrong with it and I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it across the country and back.

Before buying the 4Runner I spent about 4 months looking for the “right” one, this included MANY trips to look at beat up/rusted out 4Runner so I believe I’m fairly educated when saying that this one is in great condition. I was set on a 99-00 limited with rear locker and that’s what I found, I wanted the 99-00 to be able to get the multimode transfer case (AWD, 4WD, and 4Low) as AWD drives much better in the snow…very similar to my old STi but without the power :).

Modifications:
• ToyTec Ultimate lift (bought it this way).
• Trail gear sliders welded to frame (bought it this way then added gussets later).
• WMW ¾” roof rack.
• Nice Kenwood CD/MP3/Bluetooth player. Mic is mounted cleanly on steering column, aux and USB inputs ran into center console for factory like installation.
• “Deck plate” mod….don’t think this added any power…
• Rear diff breather extended to fuel door.
• 265/70/16 (~32”) Goodyear DuraTracks w/ ~10k miles on them.
• One of the front 9V ports replaced with a Blue Sea USB charging port.
• Probably a couple other minor things I’m forgetting

The good:
• ~81k miles
• Everything works including 4low and rear locker.
• New OEM Toyota lower ball joints, outer tie rods, and fuel filter ~1-2k miles ago.
• Rebuilt Toyota front axles (from CVJ), new spark plugs, wires, and PCV valve ~10k miles ago.
• Front diff, transfer case, and rear dif fluids changed about 10k miles ago (tranny and radiator fluid were changed right before I bought it so didn’t bother).
• Limited so 4.30 gears, leather seats, heated mirrors, etc.
• Interior in VERY good condition, nearly mint. Leather is soft, no tears, only minor wear on bolsters, and in much better condition than my wife’s 2009 TSX.
• Oil changes every 5k miles with Pennzoil Platinum and OEM filter.
• All of its life has been spent in either NM or the NW so no rust issues other than some surface rust on the rear end. I noticed this recently and think its from the mag chloride they use in eastern WA (drove it for a work/vacation trip to eastern WA this winter when it was nasty out).
• Mechanical 9/10 (10/10 w/ timing belt), Interior 9/10, and exterior currently 7/10 (could be improved to 8-9/10 with minor work).
• I’m an engineer so do things right the first time and have a touch of OCD….although my OCD isn’t as bad as some of the people on this forum :).

The bad:
• Salvaged title. Truck was side swiped in NM, passenger side doors, some plastics, and rear wheel was replaced. I found pictures from the salvage auction on-line before buying this and the accident wasn’t bad. I’m very surprised they totaled it out, maybe doors for these are very expensive, NM has weird laws, or 4Runners aren’t worth anything down there? I still have a couple of the pictures showing the door skins cut off and you can see that the crash bars are still 100% intact.
o
Before buying the truck I spent 30-45 minutes under it inspecting frame and suspension mounting points, everything is fine.
o
Truck aligns fine and drives/tracks straight.
• Rear bumper has dent. PO had backed into a tree which is part of the reason he sold it. I replaced the rear hatch (swapped over lock barrel and keyless entry computer so everything works, also threw some extra sound dentaning material I had in there) but never bothered with the bumper as I was planning on building one eventually.
• There is a mark on the passenger side plastic fender flair from my wife having parking difficulties, there is also some brush marking on the paint from some navigational issues on the WABR (wife sent me down very tight dead ended trail , ended up making 9 point turn at end and wasting a couple hours).
• Power antenna needs replacing. It was broken when I bought it, I replaced it with an antenna off Amazon which worked for a couple years until the gears on the antenna stripped. I almost never listen to the radio and there is also a rear antenna so I never bothered fixing it. If you do fix it I would recommend replacing it with a Taco whip one.
• Will need timing belt eventually.

The only reason I’m selling this is because I wanted a truck for truck duties and eventually hauling a camper. I was planning on keeping it for a long time (thus all the maintenance) but slowly stared to realize that I need a truck, a 2006 DC Tundra followed me home a few weeks ago and don’t want (4) cars in my driveway…. SOLD which I realize is a lot but Toyota prices are insane in the NW and try finding another one with this low of miles, a rear locker, and in this condition. I’m willing to negotiate but please don’t send me crazy offers at this point. 4Runner is located in Bellingham, WA.

DSCN1389 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1406 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1417 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1630 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1635 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1642 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1636 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1653 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1648 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1658 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1660 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1664 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1667 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1674 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1625 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

DSCN1643 by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

Salvage action pictures before it was fixed by dealer PO bought it from, I had more but can’t find them:

unnamed (3) by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

unnamed (2) by Chris Lewis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Loubaru

Adventurer
Bump, google album in post above. Thought I was going to be able to link individual pictures but does't look like I can. Will see if I can get some of the pictures moved to photbucket tomorrow.

Loubaru

Adventurer
Bump for price drop, neighbors starting to make some comments about how many cars I have so getting a little more motivated....

Loubaru

Adventurer
Bump. Will be posting on CL soon but would rather not deal with people from CL so open to reasonable offers.

Loubaru

Adventurer
Bump, last price drop (10.5k) before it goes on Craigslist. Need to see this in person to appreciate the condition.

Loubaru

Adventurer
Bump, finally going up to CL on Monday when I get back from camping. Looks like I need to finally delete my photobucket account also so will fix pictures. Google drive should still be working.

Loubaru

Adventurer
Bump. Just got back from vacation. Pictures updated and finally posted to CL. Would take 10k from the forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior